New .54 Cal Mold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Gotta love these Thick thighed Gals to :lewis: they mean SERIOUS Business when they get ON Things :p

My .54 Version of the Bullshop .504 :)

b7yj2TAl.jpg

The “BIG HEART BREAKER” :lewis:
yap4ijXl.jpg

uJXjhqil.jpg

A pic of all 3, Now in Steel Molds :lewis: .45, .50, and .54
EAMxt5qm.jpg

Gotta love these Thick thighed Gals to :lewis: they mean SERIOUS Business when they get ON Things :p

My .54 Version of the Bullshop .504 :)

b7yj2TAl.jpg

The “BIG HEART BREAKER” :lewis:
yap4ijXl.jpg

uJXjhqil.jpg

A pic of all 3, Now in Steel Molds :lewis: .45, .50, and .54
EAMxt5qm.jpg
I used to call my 54 "The Bazooka" . I shot about the same bullet @ 525 . That thing was a runaway freight train !!! You gonna LOVE that one !!!

I am REALLY happy with all 3 of these, Tom hit them Right on the Button for me :lewis: I have these Originals in Aluminum Molds, highly doubtful i will use them again, but never know?

That 54cal version will be a Thumper on both ends!:D

This is the Downside to these BIG BORES, I consider .50 and Up, They Kick substantially harder than a .45 Cal with the Same Bullet weight, that extra Barrel Steel (Especially in a Sidelock, 1” octagon barrel) Makes a very NOTICEABLE difference! I enjoy the Big Bores as well, But truth is they Spend a LOT OF TIME in the Safe, I tend to reach for my .45 Cals ;)

I tried my 54-120 with rather heavy loads of BH29 and a 580gr before i knew better. It would blur your vision in a few shots in that light of a rifle. Most unpleasant to say the least.

Yes they WILL scramble your eggs !!! Im lookin at a Accurate 58--580L IF i can get Hoyt to take it to a 58 cal . That'll FIX them river bottom monsters and me too !!! GREAT recoil pad ,kick--eze safari magnum , i got . Probably gonna want a sorbathane cheek pad too !!! Sounds like fun dont it !!! LOL !!! All Aboard !!!!!!

Last edited:
I guess my eggs must already be scrambled. I cast a 552 grain conical out of an Accurate Mold I had made for my 540 White Bison and it don't seem so bad.

I guess my eggs must already be scrambled. I cast a 552 grain conical out of an Accurate Mold I had made for my 540 White Bison and it don't seem so bad.
Tastey stuff isnt it !!! You just may secretly BE a recoil freak like me !!! Seriously though gun weight is a BIG FACTOR !!! That Ka-- Blam is more of a really good shove when theyre heavier . My bk92 is LIGHT so it sends it back with alot of authority . I tend to load HOT , IF accuracy holds up too . I like that wild ride . Better check yourself flounder , you could have Tendacies for WALLOP !!! :D

Ive pulled the trigger on 100grV of BH209 and a 580gr in my GMB54-120. It will have you flinching in no time. That is right around 1300fps in a 7lb rifle. Over 50ftlbs of recoil energy.

I donut flinch. Maybe the bull barrel is what makes the difference. Plus I generally shoot 70 grain loads of Goex 3f so that is most likely much less energy than a lot of what you guys shoot. Plus I'm a big boy.

Last edited:
Ive pulled the trigger on 100grV of BH209 and a 580gr in my GMB54-120. It will have you flinching in no time. That is right around 1300fps in a 7lb rifle. Over 50ftlbs of recoil energy.
Yep that'll do it !!! That kick--eze pad i mentioned is a miracle worker !!! ALL my kickers get one . Nothing compares to it !!! The limbsaver , iirc , magnum is 1 1/2" or 1 3/8" . Its good but no kick--eze . Them African magnum boys need them and so does us lesser mortals . The cheek pad i had on my 10ga slugger, 766gr @ 1600 cause it REALLY liked to pull wheelies too . I fixed that quick !!!

I donut flinch. Maybe the bull barrel is what makes the difference. Plus I generally shoot 70 grain loads of Goex 3f so that is most likely much less energy than a lot of what you guys shoot. Plus I'm a big boy.
I "Donut " flinch too . At every Tim Hortons or anyother i see !!! We ARE alike !!! :lewis:

Back