New Accura v2 Northwest

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdmouse29

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Brand new to muzzleloading and was hoping for some advice! I tried searching older threads and didn’t seem to find what I was looking for.
Was hoping to find some load data from you seasoned hunters.
I have to follow Idaho rules so no 209 primers, loose powder, and no sabots. Have to be all lead bullets. It seems like pyro p and triple 7 are great powders along with no excuse bullets but hoping to see what you guys are shooting and where I should start! Will most likely be hunting everything from pronghorn to elk

Thank you!

Triple7 will be less corrosive than Pyrodex. If i was going to use Pyro i would be looking for real black powder like Swiss 2FG. BAPCO carries Swiss if they are not too far from you. Its far superior to Pyro and rivals T7 in speed. Easier to ignite than either one too.

As far as lead conicals i would checkout Bullshop bullets. His pricing is better than NE and his quality is as good or better than anyones. He just does not have a easy store front that i know about. If you go the NE route, get a sizing pack first. You need to get a good idea of your land to land size to get the most out of lead conicals.

Triple7 will be less corrosive than Pyrodex. If i was going to use Pyro i would be looking for real black powder like Swiss 2FG. BAPCO carries Swiss if they are not too far from you. Its far superior to Pyro and rivals T7 in speed. Easier to ignite than either one too.

As far as lead conicals i would checkout Bullshop bullets. His pricing is better than NE and his quality is as good or better than anyones. He just does not have a easy store front that i know about. If you go the NE route, get a sizing pack first. You need to get a good idea of your land to land size to get the most out of lead conicals.
I will have to look into Swiss and those bullets! How is Swiss when it comes to corrosiveness?

Swiss is high grade real black powder. So its similar to any real black as far as corrosive. Pyrodex is just as corrosive if not more. Around here, Swiss cost about the same as Triple7.

I appreciate the advice! I’m still torn on what try! Might have to try them all! 😂

Swiss Real Blackpowder worked Stellar in my Knight Mountaineer inline, This was BIG Paper Patched Lead as well.

Same thing, Except Idaho Legal

Pyrodex is very, very corrosive! No problem if you clean the gun ASAP after shooting, just don't leave it for long without cleaning. Pyrodex will eat metal upon firing it off an it has a rotten egg smell (sulfur). Triple 7 is much more user friendly, not as corrosive an powerful and easy clean up. Main drawback on T7 is the crud ring in tight bores, not a problem in my White guns with #11 caps, but the Optima V2 is terrible, 209 primer....I use BH209 in it for that reason, with no crud ring.

I know this is a late response but I wanted to thank you guys for the help! I ended up harvesting this pronghorn that scored 73 1/2 and made longshot society books. Shot him at 107 yards. First Harvest with the muzzleloader And couldn’t be happier. Thanks again you guys!

Attachments

• E6613F84-418C-46A9-B5F0-4706F015107E.jpeg
    E6613F84-418C-46A9-B5F0-4706F015107E.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 5
Back