New boat.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven’t owned a boat in nearly 25 years, though I’ve had the use of a few. Im picking up a new Tracker Grizzly on Friday. I’ve been looking for a few months and it’s crazy how short the boat supply is, at least up here in the Northeast.
looking forward to spending more time fishing this summer and waterfowl hunting this fall.

Congrats brother, nice boat. I bought a tracker topper, 14 footer last year. It was used but like new.
I only have an electric motor for it.
Been looking for a 4 or 6 hp gas motor for a while now but no luck yet.

Congrats on the cruiser. lol I sold my boat a couple years back after having a slight stroke. The stroke didn't leave me impaired in any way but the way it "just happened out of the blue" sort of shook my confidence in being on the water alone. I've had a boat most of my adult life....sure do miss it.

The 2 happiest days in a boaters life, the day he buys it and the day he sells it:dance2:. Congrats on the new boat. After being a boat mechanic for 35 years the fun of going out for a boat ride kind of got lost for me.
Haha. I’ve owned a few of them, a 17’ center console and a 24’ walkaround and there is definitely some truth in that statement, but it’s been long enough that I’m ready to try again!

CatamountRob congrats on the boat purchase. I have been looking to upgrade to a different pleasure boat for the family. Finding something in the Midwest is difficult without taking out a second mortgage on the house.

Well I thought I might add perhaps a comment. I bought a 12,' 2 person John boat and a Mincota electric motor new maybe 20 years ago. I paid maybe $700.... $499 for the boat on sale and the motor was about $200. Every spring I go out on a man made lake (no gas engines) supposedly stocked with some trout and bass; I've never had more fun. Do I catch a lot of fish? Not really. My wife does, she is pretty good at that.
The fun factor is getting up in the am, being there at sunrise, being out on the water as the world wakes up, and..... knowing Ill have bacon and eggs with fresh black coffee after..... maybe a fish fry if we're lucky for supper too.

The background in your pictures kinda looks like the Cabela's in East Hartford, Connecticut?
It’s actually the Cabelas in Hudson, MA.
it was the only place in the Northeast that had one of those boats. I have also been to the Hartford store and that area looks like an old airfield or something?

It’s actually the Cabelas in Hudson, MA.
it was the only place in the Northeast that had one of those boats. I have also been to the Hartford store and that area looks like an old airfield or something?
Yes that's true. The property once belonged to Pratt and Whitney Aircraft. There was a runway in that area at one time.

The 2 happiest days in a boaters life, the day he buys it and the day he sells it:dance2:. Congrats on the new boat. After being a boat mechanic for 35 years the fun of going out for a boat ride kind of got lost for me.
Mostly walleye and trout 'round here. Sure miss my catfish fillets! The best boat to have is one owned by a good friend. Hell yes I'll buy the gas and beer!...Trader

Happy boat owner here. Sold my 53’ Hatteras some years ago. Happy now because my friend has a great 57’.
Very true about the two happy days. When bought and then sold. lol
Best boat IMO is your friend’s
Lol.
But enjoy them while you can regardless.
😁

That is almost exactly the Jon Boat I wanted for many years. I see the pods on the back. They say that helps a lot. I wanted one cause I fished shallow rivers for many years, and stay out cat fishing all night. However, now days I rarely fish the shallow rivers so now I am looking at deep fee boats and very hard to find.

It took me a couple weeks to get it set up with a 24v bow mount trolling motor and fish finder, I still need to get a second finder for the bow. I had it out yesterday for the first time, a little fishing but mostly making sure everything works as it should. I forgot how much all the odds and ends of setting up a boat can add up to.

Back