New bow on the way

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegadehunter

Reaction score
I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.
I went and shot a couple different bows last week. I currently have a Bowtech Carbon Knight, it is a good bow but is pretty critical to shoot. I'm wanting to go to something a bit easier drawing and more forgiving. My CK is a carbon riser and is really nice for how light it is, but has a pretty harsh draw cycle and the lightness of the whole bow makes it fairly shaky to hold on target. (I'm not getting any younger either).
I ended up really liking the new Bowtech Solution. It has a draw cycle very similar to my CK when on the performance setting, but in the comfort setting it was night and day smoother to draw and hold. It was also quieter and has minimal jump in the hand when going off. It was quieter than my CK without a stabilizer or any string dampeners. It also was surprisingly faster than my CK even when in the comfort setting, only by about 6 fps but I'm very pleased with that for a much smoother draw cycle.
The shop only had one in all black and I want one in the kryptic altitude camo. As luck would have it, they had ordered one in that color two weeks prior, so that will help shorten my wait time.
Anyone else waiting on a new bow this year?

I do the bookkeeping, so I’ll be getting $2800, unless.........

I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.
I went and shot a couple different bows last week. I currently have a Bowtech Carbon Knight, it is a good bow but is pretty critical to shoot. I'm wanting to go to something a bit easier drawing and more forgiving. My CK is a carbon riser and is really nice for how light it is, but has a pretty harsh draw cycle and the lightness of the whole bow makes it fairly shaky to hold on target. (I'm not getting any younger either).
I ended up really liking the new Bowtech Solution. It has a draw cycle very similar to my CK when on the performance setting, but in the comfort setting it was night and day smoother to draw and hold. It was also quieter and has minimal jump in the hand when going off. It was quieter than my CK without a stabilizer or any string dampeners. It also was surprisingly faster than my CK even when in the comfort setting, only by about 6 fps but I'm very pleased with that for a much smoother draw cycle.
The shop only had one in all black and I want one in the kryptic altitude camo. As luck would have it, they had ordered one in that color two weeks prior, so that will help shorten my wait time.
Anyone else waiting on a new bow this year?
The new bow will be a while ,waiting on a new draw knife (Old one broke) 80+yrs and should have lasted another 80 . They don"t build them to last I guess .IMG_0660[1].JPG

Yes I got a new bow "actually a riser". I came back to traditional bows almost 30 yrs. ago and have a 1970 model Bear Custom Kodiak take down recurve. They came out with a 50th anniversary model of the same bow in 2020 and I splurged and bought one. To be honest these bows have rekindled my enthusiasm for archery and bowhunting and I can't get enough of reading the "Traditional Bowhunting" magazine. I've made my own strings and arrows for a long time and about 12 yrs. ago made a 3 piece takedown recurve from scratch and had the thrill of taking a nice 10 pt. whitetail with it.

Back