New Copper Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Heads up, They are now going to offer a synthetic stock!!!

Neat looking rifle

12391180_496565957190200_3776449536731254285_n.jpg

I really dig those Coopers. Now if they would just find a better "front man" than you know who.

Got to be a 45cal though and my pockets are not that deep atm. I wonder if they would sell the M22 ML action and that stock.

Cool. Any idea if that new stock saved them some weight? I'd also like to see a 45cal offering too.

ShawnT said:
Cool. Any idea if that new stock saved them some weight? I'd also like to see a 45cal offering too.

I am trying to find that out myself. I this was put out as a sneak peak. wasn't much information about them released..

It sure looks good. Hope they also have a darker Green color or something darker than that light colored one though. Can't help it I just like dark colored stocks. :roll:

ShawnT said:
It sure looks good. Hope they also have a darker Green color or something darker than that light colored one though. Can't help it I just like dark colored stocks. :roll:

I checked with Glenn and he said there will be a variety of colors. I would like to see a darker green color also.

sabotloader said:
ShawnT said:

I checked with Glenn and he said there will be a variety of colors. I would like to see a darker green color also.

Thanks for the info Sabotloader. I have been thinking it was time to get myself a more modern/up to date rifle and the Cooper is one of 3 I am thinking about, but have been really hoping one would offer a .45cal.

on their options page, they have custom twist and make for barrels. Now If you could get (probably Brux) in 18 twist .45 I would probably be in. I would have to look at their breech plug design more..

What's the street price for the ml they already have out?

Don't know about actual Street price but this is off their site.

•Muzzleloader: MSRP $1,595
•Left Handed Option: $200 (Models 21, 22, 38, 57-M, & Muzzleloader)

Anyone know of any dealers that will order one of the Cooper's or that may have them in stock?

4gun-drill said:
Anyone know of any dealers that will order one of the Cooper's or that may have them in stock?

If you go on their web site there is a tab listing their dealers across the US and they do have the ability to order directly from them. I would check a couple of them for pricing they are not all the same.

Guys, thanks for the interest in the rifle. The synthetics will be available in all sorts of color options. This is also the first one we've done with a fluted barrel. Honestly, the new stock doesn't save any weight. We have filled all of the orders we received for this year (not a bad number considering how late in the year we began taking orders). We will begin taking orders for the synthetic version during SHOT show early in 2016.

I have not given up on doing a Northwest compliant version yet but I just haven't had time. Honestly, I am considering maybe just doing a different action. Maybe a plunger type action that is a lighter rifle at a lower cost? Opinions?

Do you guys think that there would be any interest in an ultra light version? We have a light weight rifle coming out at SHOT Show that is chambered in belted magnums & weighs less than 6 pounds. Would something like that be of any interest? Opinions?

At this time we are not selling barreled actions or just actions. I wish I could but I can't.

I am also looking at a 45 caliber version. If I did, it would NOT be rated for smokeless powder. Do you guys think there would be any interest? If so, what bore & twist???

I hope this post has helped!

Definitely an interest in ultra- light. and If you make a .45 in 1-18 twist,(.450-.458) I would order one. non smokeless is fine with me.

A smoker is fine. There are lots of options with BH209 and sabotless or with sabots that shoot very well.

The most commonly desired twist is probably 1-20 although 1-22 works great for me and 1-18 is great with big lead. The main thing is that the bore is very very consistent from end to end for us that shoot sabotless sometimes. .451 vs .450 is also popular for sabotless because some bullets can go from package to bore without resizing. Not a deal breaker though. Lots of people shooting sabotless are getting adjustable sizing dies.

Cool info, Glad to see you are still checking in with us.

Ultra light model - Yes Please!, 45 cal in 1 in 20 - Yes Please! :D

I have wanted an NULA for a Long time and primarily for the light weight. I'm not all that interested in Smokeless, nice option but not important to me. Please let us know If you get a 45 Light weight ready for the market. I would go in hock for one! :wink:

Yes on the light weight version. Also I can say that I am the guy who would like to see a 54 caliber. These now make a lot of sense with the availability of good ML velocity billets intended for the 500 S&W. A 54 I. An ultralight version; I would go into hock for that one!!!! :)

Ultra Light version, .45 1:20 twist. :D There is basically no one that produces a quality .45 in 1:20 today. Sounded like Knight was contemplating it, but who knows if they ever will. :yeah:

A .54 would be cool too.... the .54-120 is highly sought after, but basically unattainable these days.

Re: the plunger gun...honestly, I don't think that is a profitable venture. For what it would likely cost to purchase one of yours ... people will buy a Knight (or White) for much less most likely...and they are great guns. I think the market just isn't there for a NW style, custom ML. I could be wrong of course. If you could figure out how to make a conversion that fits your current models, that would probably work and you might be able to sell some that way.

Latest posts

Back