New CVA wolf questions MIDWAY USA purchase fired?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the response from CVA and I'm more than pissed. Attached of the emails but basically they're saying send back the used rifle they will take 4 to 6 weeks to repair it and then ship it back to me. Along with a whole bunch of fees if the rifles not cleaned or if it needs to be reassembled.

I purchased a new rifle I want a new rifle I don't want somebody's return fixed and sent back to me. What the hell are they thinking?

Big mistake on a customer service move.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200622-095419.png
    Screenshot_20200622-095419.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200622-095020.png
    Screenshot_20200622-095020.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20200622-095440.png
    Screenshot_20200622-095440.png
    290.5 KB · Views: 9
BPI is CVA. They have been out of Georgia for ages. Both companies are owned by Dikar in Spain. BPI more or less is the importer and sales/marketing for CVA.

That DNZ is the mount that came with my buddies Wolf package deal. He likes it. If I already had a weaver base, I would go with that. A perfectly acceptable low cost, low weight and high strength ring is the weaver quad lock. Sold at walmart around $10 a pop.

As for kicking like a 12ga slug gun, IMHO, a 100 grain by volume with a regular weight sabot will get the job done for most people hunting most conditions. Certainly a new shooter. With firearms the trick is to balance things out for just-right. Not necessarily the most extreme option. I hope a new guy is not going to be watching long range you tube videos with all these exotic ideas. You dont need that. The OP may not even be a hunter? You sure dont need magnum power to make a hole in paper.

I got stuff from Midway and later had buyer remorse. They took it back, no hassle. I did open the box but that was as far as I ever went on a return. I am pretty sure the whole process was done online. I think I went into "my account" initiated a return, got a label and off it went. Am I mistaken? I think it was that easy and even when the return was all my fault in the first place.

Last edited:
That DNZ is the mount that came with my buddies Wolf package deal. He likes it. If I already had a weaver base, I would go with that. A perfectly acceptable low cost, low weight and high strength ring is the weaver quad lock. Sold at walmart around $10 a pop.

As for kicking like a 12ga slug gun, IMHO, a 100 grain by volume with a regular weight sabot will get the job done for most people hunting most conditions. Certainly a new shooter. With firearms the trick is to balance things out for just-right. Not necessarily the most extreme option. I hope a new guy is not going to be watching long range you tube videos with all these exotic ideas. You dont need that. The OP may not even be a hunter? You sure dont need magnum power to make a hole in paper.

I got stuff from Midway and later had buyer remorse. They took it back, no hassle. I did open the box but that was as far as I ever went on a return. I am pretty sure the whole process was done online. I think I went into "my account" initiated a return, got a label and off it went. Am I mistaken? I think it was that easy and even when the return was all my fault in the first place.
I agree with what your saying about a normal weight sabot bullet in the 200-250 grain range.
I was talking about heavy conicals, like 350 grains and heavier. Those are the ones I think kick like a 12 gauge, especially when your using a light weight rifle or cabine. And yes I am a hunter with 45 deer seasons under my belt.

I know what you mean but unfortunately Midway has removed the online return option because it says it was drop shipped by the manufacturer. That is not where it was shipped from though. It was infact shipped from Midway as is on the tracking from ups.

The whole thing sucks as in worst scenario. Well almost I suppose CVA could say well if they sold it to u used then we won't fix it.

If you have an issue contact CVA the card said and I did. What it did not say is if we ship you a bad refurb as new you will get the same refurbed rifle back.

My solution would have been to 1. Apologize profusely and tell the customer to KEEP the POS that was sent to trash or parts and send a new one asap. Then tear into Midway for sending out used product.

Or ask for a credit number to place a soft hold on while they ship me a new rifle and a prepaid return box for the used riffle once they receive the old one drop the pre-approval on the credit card. Now if I don't return it they could have then charged the card.

Oh and apologize with maybe some sabots or something. So what it boils down to is they are trying to sell me a broken refurb that I will have to wait 5 weeks to get back after I pay to ship to them. For all my trouble I get a refurb 6 weeks later paid full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
That stinks! It seems you are on top of the situation as well as anyone could be. I wish you good luck with the least amount of added aggravation.

Deermanok, I apologize for the tone of that last bit on the recoil. The internet is hard for me sometimes.

Have you tried calling Midway USA? They are a reputable company and I feel sure that they will fix your problem. From where I sit, your problem isn't with CVA...It is with Midway.

Here is their CS #:

1 (800) 243-3220

Guys Midway is impossible to communicate with right now, its not the normal Midway operations due to the virus etc, and whatever else. they are not answering phones or emails, I just tried getting a hold of them a week ago for about 3 days in a row, luckily my package showed up after 20 days in the mail. I couldnt get a hold of midway or the post office facility where my package was stuck for 2 weeks, lol.

Have you tried calling Midway USA? They are a reputable company and I feel sure that they will fix your problem. From where I sit, your problem isn't with CVA...It is with Midway.

Here is their CS #:

1 (800) 243-3220
I just called that number they're basically saying that they're not accepting any calls due to Corvid. They then suggest that you use the web chat or send them an email. when you go to the website and also states that the web chat is now closed due to Corvid. Thereby leaving the email as the only option which I did yesterday have not heard from them.

I would be asking for a supervisor at CVA, I would try to get one on the phone anyway.

A smaller but also problem is I'm calling around everywhere and they're saying yeah we have black powder I asked them what brand is it and they say oh it's triple seven.
Then I say oh that's not black powder do you have go ex and they say no. It seems everyone around me has powder substitute for powder substitute pellets like white hots.
I remember I used to be able to buy buy powder at a store called big 5 in California. And you know what they knew what black powder was.

I tried and redear is right. THey are not taking phone calls. I was able to get on a Chat though.
Nice I'm going to try that and see if I can get anywhere. If not what I do?screw somebody else go buy one from a local sporting goods store and then return then one that I have here? my mind is turning and I'm not happy.
We will see how this turns out with Midway.

That stinks! It seems you are on top of the situation as well as anyone could be. I wish you good luck with the least amount of added aggravation.

Deermanok, I apologize for the tone of that last bit on the recoil. The internet is hard for me sometimes.
No worries, no offense taken.

I won't be ordering any more stuff from midway until things are back to normal.

I won't be ordering any more stuff from midway until things are back to normal.
Yeah they seem to be taking orders but the customer service is lacking. Currently in position 50 of the que for chat. I'm so glad that I bought this online for like 20 bucks cheaper rather than just going down to the store store down here and in buying one from a retail location.

I hear alot of places are short staffed because people are staying out of work due to getting stimulus money and whatever that paycheck money is called that had been issued. I know a guy down the street here that recieved way more than he normally made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back