New from East Central Florida

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk1700

Reaction score
I'm Larry Kirk from Daytona Beach, Florida. In the past, I've mostly just used a CVA wolf muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season for deer hunting. However, I've recently gotten interested in muzzleloaders more broadly and in the challenge of hunting with one more often.

My latest inline muzzleloader is a CVA Optima v2 LR I've also got two sidelock percussion rifles. One is a CVA ST. Louis Hawken in 54. The other is a combo rifle ie a TC Renegade stock with a 54 cal invest arms barrel. So, I'm glad to be in the forum and hoping to learn more about patched roundball accuracy with the sidelocks and how to reach out a little farther with the Optima.

Last edited:
I'm Larry Kirk from Daytona Beach, Florida. In the past, I've mostly just used a CVA wolf muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season for deer hunting. However, I've recently gotten interested in muzzleloaders more broadly and in the challenge of hunting with one more often.

My latest inline muzzleloader is a CVA Optima v2 LR I've also got two sidelock percussion rifles. One is a CVA ST. Louis Hawken in 54. The other is a combo rifle ie a TC Renegade stock with a 54 cal invest arms barrel. So, I'm glad to be in the forum and hoping to learn more about patched roundball accuracy with the sidelocks and how to reach out a little farther with the Optima.
welcome! You’re in the right place for all of your black powder interests!

Welcome to the group. I'm a transplant to north central Fl from Md.

Latest posts

Back