New from Maryland

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am by no means new to the sport of black powder shooting but I am new to this forum. I grew up with traditional long rifles (my father used to build them with Carl Pippert) and I picked up the craft my self back in 2006. I own flintlocks, percussion and inline firearms and hunt and match shoot with all of them. I am also a Maryland certified hunting safety instructor for bow, muzzle loader and general hunting and have been teaching for the past 17 years. Thanks for having me!

Hello Everyone,
I am by no means new to the sport of black powder shooting but I am new to this forum. I grew up with traditional long rifles (my father used to build them with Carl Pippert) and I picked up the craft my self back in 2006. I own flintlocks, percussion and inline firearms and hunt and match shoot with all of them. I am also a Maryland certified hunting safety instructor for bow, muzzle loader and general hunting and have been teaching for the past 17 years. Thanks for having me!
Welcome to the group from a life long southern Md guy

Welcome from Frederick County, Maryland.
What part of the Free State are you in?
I'm in Severn, about 15 miles outside of Annapolis. I used to hunt up in Thurmont all the time until I joined a hunting club in Southern Md. I still hunt up there (All over the state really!!) for spring turkey. Do you/ did you ever attend the shoots at Marriotsville?

I'm in Severn, about 15 miles outside of Annapolis. I used to hunt up in Thurmont all the time until I joined a hunting club in Southern Md. I still hunt up there (All over the state really!!) for spring turkey. Do you/ did you ever attend the shoots at Marriotsville?
No, never did any shoots in Marriotsville. Only organized shooting I have ever done are the Trap Shoots in Myersville at the Catoctin Fish and Game Protective Association, a.k.a. Myersville Gun Club.

No, never did any shoots in Marriotsville. Only organized shooting I have ever done are the Trap Shoots in Myersville at the Catoctin Fish and Game Protective Association, a.k.a. Myersville Gun Club.
The Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore has it's range in Marriotsville Maryland. It used to be that one of the gun clubs, ( Marriotsville Muzzle Loaders) had a "grocery shoot" the first Sunday of the month. I'm not sure if they still have them (due to COVID19) but they were a lot of fun and shooting for 20.00 on a Sunday.
There were/ are other shoots I go to like, the Dutch Mess blanket shoot, in Va. and Lancaster Long Rifles up at Muddy Run in Pa. and of course the Colonial Market Fair at Fort Fredrick in Big Pool Md.

Latest posts

Back