new from new york

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning to travel out of state to hunt deer this coming fall. For long distance shooting
I have a Knight Elite with a 209 primer LeHigh adapter for Blackhorn 209 powder. You stated you have a bolt Knight and you should be able to set it up the same. So my set up is
100-110 grains by volume equivelent Blackhorn 209 so I dont have to worry about an immediate cleaning.
Winchester 209 primer because I have some
Precision Rifle Dead Center 220 grain bullets. because they are about as aerodynamic as MZ bullets go.

But then 😀

I have 3 pull the bolt back with your fingers (plunger gun)
The shot below was at 90 yards and about 1"low of dead center. Exactly where it should be.
gun was a Knight Bighorn
powder Swiss 80 grains by volume
cardboard and felt wad
bullet 420 grain no excuses.

The bullet may have a little arc to it but if you hit the deer at 150 yards in the vitals it will die.

View attachment 29730

There are many other combintaions that will work beautifully. I ask other members to add to this info.
thank you, once I get the exact models ill post them, but at least I have a starting point than just blindly experimenting...

Older MK-85 with #11 percussion cap breach plug. Timney trigger, wood stock. Good shooter with sabot slugs, but I don’t push her.

Welcome from PA. As for a new inline muzzleloader there are so many out there. And like ElDiablo said, getting deer killing accuracy with just about any of today's inlines will work. It all depends on your budget. Even the lower cost rifles like the CVA Wolf are capable of MOA accuracy with the right bullet, powder, charge combination.

Back