New from NW Oregon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from SW Oregon. Recently retired myself. Hunting muzzleload nearly 40 years. We have some good muzzload hunts here in Oregon, so don't pass that up.

Covid recovery is tough. Good luck there. I lived in Wyoming (6 months), Utah (5 years) and 27 years in Colorado. I say this to establish some reference to my knowledge of Wyoming and general knowledge of this geographic area. Trying to find hunting below 6k elevation could be real challenging. My town growing up was at 4,500 ft. WY G&F have a great hunt planning tool and maybe you are already tied into it. Take a look at the interactive map where you can click on the map units. You can read details about each unit, including elevations.

Hope you get some good hunting info. We are planning a Wyoming antelope hunt in a few years.
Thanks for the nice reply and information.
I have not gone on the Wy. Site yet. We have very poor internet or phone service were we live. We have been waiting for the library to open back up. Then we can go there and I will check it out. If you don't mind me asking, what town did you grow up at?
Hope your antelope hunt works out
We were thinking of making an antelope hunt to the area we want to deer hunt to get a feel of it before putting in for the deer tag.

Welcome and Aloha from Honolulu! Thank you for your service and keeping America safe and protecting our freedom.

Thanks for the nice reply and information.
I have not gone on the Wy. Site yet. We have very poor internet or phone service were we live. We have been waiting for the library to open back up. Then we can go there and I will check it out. If you don't mind me asking, what town did you grow up at?
Hope your antelope hunt works out
We were thinking of making an antelope hunt to the area we want to deer hunt to get a feel of it before putting in for the deer tag.
Thanks, I think the antelope hunt will work out.

I am from the Grand Junction, CO area. Lived throughout the state.

I hope you all recover from COVID and get a chance to hunt. Taking a trip out to hunt antelope and scout deer would be a fun way to jump into a Wyoming hunt.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I will try to stay in contact as things go forward. On the covid end we just found out yesterday that the therapy they want the wife and I to attend have such a back log we won't be able to attend them until June or July.
You take care,
Trapper 53
Take it to the Limit, then back off off a hair

Latest posts

Back