New Fury Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have been one of the first to report on the 453's, which shot extremely well from my rifle. The 250's also shot excellent.

I've actually had very good accuracy from all the Fury bullets I've shot or tested for Dennis. As for the original 50cal start tips, they shot very good but from my UF the accuracy stopped at any distance beyond 300yds, which very few hunters will take those shots anyway.
You may have been brotha. It's pretty dang cool to see them gettin some attn now after our posts on their results in our Paramounts. Mtn monkey is a big Fury bullet fan & of Dennis as well. Thanks to him, I met Dennis & am now a Fury bullet fan too & I will be shooting the 265gr .453's and a cpl other Fury bullets from here on out. Price, quality, accuracy & performance made the decision for me honestly & Dennis is absolutely a great guy. Kind regards

Last edited:
I have to size the .452 star tips down to .4509 to load with approx 20 lbs of ramrod pressure. The .453 s should size easy. What I like about the Fury’s is that there is no spring back, unlike other brands of bullets. Encore has good results out of a standard bore using the .453 s.

I have to size the .452 star tips down to .4509 to load with approx 20 lbs of ramrod pressure. The .453 s should size easy. What I like about the Fury’s is that there is no spring back, unlike other brands of bullets. Encore has good results out of a standard bore using the .453 s.
Yes sir, I noticed as well that the thin jacketed Fury bonded core bullets did not need to be run thru the sizing die more than 1 time. I didn't notice any spring back in the bullets. I put a .453 265gr in my Paramount bore with the gun cool & temps in mid 60's. It was way to tight. I did get it all the way down & seated but that may have deformed the front of the bullet in the process. At colder temps with a clean bore, I'm sure the tension will be better ( in the acceptable bore/bullet tension range ). As it warmed up & a few shots thru it .4525 - .4526 was optimal size. Kind regards

You may have been brotha. It's pretty dang cool to see them gettin some attn now after our posts on their results in our Paramounts. Mtn monkey is a big Fury bullet fan & of Dennis as well. Thanks to him, I met Dennis & am not a Fury bullet fan too & I will be shooting the 265gr .453's and a cpl other Fury bullets from here on out. Price, quality, accuracy & performance made the decision for me honestly & Dennis is absolutely a great guy. Kind regards

Dennis is as concerned as much about customer service as he is making bullets. He's offered to make bullets, at any weight, with jackets designed for 84/120grs of BH, if or in case I make it to Friendship in May. That is commitment to customer service!
I have yet to shoot a Fury bullet that wasn't accurate, and I shot bullets for the 50cal rifles that were never advertised and every one of them were accurate.

There are a lot of accurate bullets being made now days, much better bullets than most packaged bullets. Yes, many of them are designed for SML rifles, but Fury is starting to meet the needs of those who shoot BP or BPS rifles.
I didn't have the opportunity to harvest anything I wanted last season from the 45cal, but the season before, hammered a 3.5yo with a Fury ST from the 50cal. It folded the legs under that buck and he went down like he was in his bed.

I talked with Dennis at fury on the phone for a few minutes the first time I ordered and he was very freindly and interested in my setup etc. I came away with the feeling that I like doing business with this guy. I'm shooting a scout SML conversion and I'm pretty sure the 265's have the same jacket thickness as the parker BE's at 15 thous. and just the other day I was wondering why someone doesn't make a 260 gr bullet that will work in my gun, at a good price and then I went back online to look at Dennis site again and there it was, so I am excited.

I talked with Dennis at fury on the phone for a few minutes the first time I ordered and he was very freindly and interested in my setup etc. I came away with the feeling that I like doing business with this guy. I'm shooting a scout SML conversion and I'm pretty sure the 265's have the same jacket thickness as the parker BE's at 15 thous. and just the other day I was wondering why someone doesn't make a 260 gr bullet that will work in my gun, at a good price and then I went back online to look at Dennis site again and there it was, so I am excited.
That's awesome. Dennis made the thin jacketed bullets for BH209 pressures & MV's. They have shot better in my Paramount with 98gr & 105gr than the BE's. I like Bob Parker a lot as well as Dennis at Fury & I'm not in the least saying one is any better than the other, just my exp with my gun at the range that day the .453 265gr Fury's put 6 consecutive shots in 3/4" @100yds with 98gr BH209. I will continue shooting them. I'm still going to be shooting 5 types of Parker's and 4 weights including the 310gr Match/Hunter hollow base. I really can't wait to see how the Paramounts 1:22 twist handles them

................. I'm still going to be shooting 5 types of Parker's and 4 weights including the 310gr Match/Hunter hollow base. I really can't wait to see how the Paramounts 1:22 twist handles them
I don't remember so...….
Have you considered the Black Max vs the Match Hunter? The MH is really more suited towards SML, where the BM will work very well with BH and smokeless. Just asking.......

I don't remember so...….
Have you considered the Black Max vs the Match Hunter? The MH is really more suited towards SML, where the BM will work very well with BH. Just asking.......
Ask anything, anytime brotha. I enjoy & appreciate the interaction & usually learn somethin too. All good. Yes I ordered some Black Max 275gr & 310gr Hollow Base & some 270 E Max I have great hopes for included in the test group of Parker bullets. I have yet to shoot any due to I want to use 105gr BH209 & the recoil was to much for my body anymore. When the gun gets back from gettin barrel thread & brake installed I'll get testing again out to 300 hopefully out to 400yds. All results will be posted in our thread. Thanks for hittin me up. Kind regards

Ask anything, anytime brotha. I enjoy & appreciate the interaction & usually learn somethin too. All good. Yes I ordered some Black Max 275gr & 310gr Hollow Base & some 270 E Max I have great hopes for included in the test group of Parker bullets. I have yet to shoot any due to I want to use 105gr BH209 & the recoil was to much for my body anymore. When the gun gets back from gettin barrel thread & brake installed I'll get testing again out to 300 hopefully out to 400yds. All results will be posted in our thread. Thanks for hittin me up. Kind regards

Dang it! Now many have been accused of jealously, right or wrong, but this time I'll admit..... I'm jealous as heck! I'm hoping that at least sometime towards the end of April I can get on the range for 300yd+ shooting :) Our range closes until the roads are completely dry, so the only shooting I'll get will be on my 100yd range.
Believe me though, I've tried talking the wife into letting me bring a dozer in ;)
Did you go with the CVA brake or custom?
Will be watching for your reports and target photos.

Dang it! Now many have been accused of jealously, right or wrong, but this time I'll admit..... I'm jealous as heck! I'm hoping that at least sometime towards the end of April I can get on the range for 300yd+ shooting :) Our range closes until the roads are completely dry, so the only shooting I'll get will be on my 100yd range.
Believe me though, I've tried talking the wife into letting me bring a dozer in ;)
Did you go with the CVA brake or custom?
Will be watching for your reports and target photos.
In the most respectful brotherly intent, I'll tell ya the same thing I've told my youngest brother & my brother n law ( the 1st one )
Get yer dangly bits outta her purse, put yer big boy undies on, you don't need " her permission " ang get that dang dozer & chainsaw in there & yet that 300yd range. In reality, either she gets over it or not, you'll still have a killer 300yd range in YOUR back yard. And how long you spend killin paper & time at that new 300yd range depends on how well she takes it or gets over it. YES I know bro, spoken like a single Ahole. Some would say both are correct & I hate to argue lmao.
My second wife told me one day that if I bought one more gun or spent one more dime ( of MY Fn money mind ya ) on my antique Harley I was rebuilding from the ground up BEFORE we got married & got a house that she was done. I by coinsidence only, got a killer deal on another super modded Ruger 10/22 I wasn't about to pass up. She saw it sittin out & flipped out then packed & split to her moms. Well ( totally following my own advise ) took that as my Que to put my Harley in the shop for some machine work I couldn't do myself. 2wks or so when she calmed down & wanted to come back she asked where my bike was ( BC it wasn't on the milk crate in my kitchen anymore) I told her with a grin I couldn't hide for a winning lotto ticket I put in the shop. Her face was priceless. When she asks? The day after you split I reply. Laughing now & not helping at all. I don't remember why she was in my truck & lifted the bench seat forward seeing you guessed it ANOTHER NEW GUN LMFAO
she about lost it & clearly had had about enough. So then I thought it was a perfect time to tell her that I needed 670.00 to pay the shop for my Harley. ( I really did not need her money, but I had a very valuable point I never wanted her to forget or to just stay gone ) she gave me the cash, I agreed to sell one of the new guns & I took her back. The lesson was neither her or any other woman will ever dictate to me what I can & can not do, what I will or will not do. Not will any ever get in between me, MY MONEY I MAKE or between me & me guns & Harley. I've had them way before they came in my life, I'll have them still long after they're gone. I proved that to be exactly true a cpl yrs later.
As to the new muzzle brake... No I did not choose the new CVA Brake. I met a super cool guy Nathan that owns Muzzle Brakes and More. I got one of his 5 port one piece titanium Beast Brake ( ONLY 3oz finished ) threaded in 3/4x28 bored to fit Arrowheads SS LOAD THRU FUNNEL chamfered to .857 & finished back Cerekoted. And the price was great & Nathan great to chat with & do business with. I hope to be responsible for sending some sales his way after I post my new brake on my Paramount & the massive improvement in the groups ahead at Max charges.
One of the many many cool things I learned from some of the old school Mtn men in my fam when I was young. When they only had short distances to shoot like 100yds or less NO SCOPES they would decrease their targets size & increase the difficulty of hitting them. They were poor country folk they used beer bottle caps, WD 40 caps, candles, match boxes etc I've even heard them talkin about competing against eachother shooting bumble bees off their ma's flowers. Shots of home made wine & moonshine may or may not have been involved. I'll do the same thing when the opportunity arises. Get creative & have fun. Pretty simple to me. Thanks for hittin me up. I've enjoyed it. Kind regards

Last edited:
In the most respectful brotherly intent, I'll tell ya the same thing I've told my youngest brother & my brother n law ( the 1st one )
Get yer dangly bits outta her purse, put yer big boy undies on, you don't need " her permission " ang get that dang dozer & chainsaw in there & yet that 300yd range. In reality, either she gets over it or not, you'll still have a killer 300yd range in YOUR back yard. And how long you spend killin paper & time at that new 300yd range depends on how well she takes it or gets over it. YES I know bro, spoken like a single Ahole. Some would say both are correct & I hate to argue lmao.
My second wife told me one day that if I bought one more gun or spent one more dime ( of MY Fn money mind ya ) on my antique Harley I was rebuilding from the ground up BEFORE we got married & got a house that she was done. I by coinsidence only, got a killer deal on another super modded Ruger 10/22 I wasn't about to pass up. She saw it sittin out & flipped out then packed & split to her moms. Well ( totally following my own advise ) took that as my Que to put my Harley in the shop for some machine work I couldn't do myself. 2wks or so when she calmed down & wanted to come back she asked where my bike was ( BC it wasn't on the milk crate in my kitchen anymore) I told her with a grin I couldn't hide for a winning lotto ticket I put in the shop. Her face was priceless. When she asks? The day after you split I reply. Laughing now & not helping at all. I don't remember why she was in my truck & lifted the bench seat forward seeing you guessed it ANOTHER NEW GUN LMFAO
she about lost it & clearly had had about enough. So then I thought it was a perfect time to tell her that I needed 670.00 to pay the shop for my Harley. ( I really did not need her money, but I had a very valuable point I never wanted her to forget or to just stay gone ) she gave me the cash, I agreed to sell one of the new guns & I took her back. The lesson was neither her or any other woman will ever dictate to me what I can & can not do, what I will or will not do. Not will any ever get in between me, MY MONEY I MAKE or between me & me guns & Harley. I've had them way before they came in my life, I'll have them still long after they're gone. I proved that to be exactly true a cpl yrs later.
As to the new muzzle brake... No I did not choose the new CVA Brake. I met a super cool guy Nathan that owns Muzzle Brakes and More. I got one of his 5 port one piece titanium Beast Brake ( ONLY 3oz finished ) threaded in 3/4x28 bored to fit Arrowheads SS LOAD THRU FUNNEL chamfered to .857 & finished back Cerekoted. And the price was great & Nathan great to chat with & do business with. I hope to be responsible for sending some sales his way after I post my new brake on my Paramount & the massive improvement in the groups ahead at Max charges.
One of the many many cool things I learned from some of the old school Mtn men in my fam when I was young. When they only had short distances to shoot like 100yds or less NO SCOPES they would decrease their targets size & increase the difficulty of hitting them. They were poor country folk they used beer bottle caps, WD 40 caps, candles, match boxes etc I've even heard them talkin about competing against eachother shooting bumble bees off their ma's flowers. Shots of home made wine & moonshine may or may not have been involved. I'll do the same thing when the opportunity arises. Get creative & have fun. Pretty simple to me. Thanks for hittin me up. I've enjoyed it. Kind regards

I understand the ex-wife stuff. However, I'm NOT letting go of the one I have now. She writes the checks and in reality, I'm glad of that. When the little woman says, "I think we should buy a Polaris Slingshot", then writes the check, who can complain? Then we identify what's causing my sciatica is straddling the quad, she says, "I think you should really have one of those Polaris Ranger things", and writes the check, who can complain? When she looks over and asks, "Do you think you have $10K into that muzzleloader yet", then chuckles, I can't complain. And that's before I asked about buying the new TT Diamond trigger! Nope, hanging on to this one.

It'll be interesting, the new brake and how you like it. It'll also be interesting how the charges work well with the different bullets and accuracy.

I understand the ex-wife stuff. However, I'm NOT letting go of the one I have now. She writes the checks and in reality, I'm glad of that. When the little woman says, "I think we should buy a Polaris Slingshot", then writes the check, who can complain? Then we identify what's causing my sciatica is straddling the quad, she says, "I think you should really have one of those Polaris Ranger things", and writes the check, who can complain? When she looks over and asks, "Do you think you have $10K into that muzzleloader yet", then chuckles, I can't complain. And that's before I asked about buying the new TT Diamond trigger! Nope, hanging on to this one.

It'll be interesting, the new brake and how you like it. It'll also be interesting how the charges work well with the different bullets and accuracy.
If your wife is as you say, brotha, treat her like a queen keep her 7 let her know ya appreciate her. Absolutely. What myself & I'm quite sure myself & many other fella's would eagerly whole heartedly agree. And like me think what they wouldnt give up or do for a woman like your wife. You truly are a fortunate man. From What I've seen from ya, She's a pretty lucky woman as well. NOT crushin on ya brotha LOL
Thanks so much for the kind words, awesome conversation & encouragement. All are truly appreciated. Much respect. Peace

I've shot them in my Paramount, the 265 has outshot everything including the blue spaceship eld,, I've shot every sleek pitman,, Parker top bullet etc. Dennis at fury bullets built these bullets with a thinner jacket for blackhorn muzzleloader speeds,I'm sure they would work fine smokeless as long as the loads were not to hot,, as to the 250 and 275 and 300 grain start tips for my money there are the best purchase available in America, 4 hunting bullets they're the most accurate I have shot,, let me clarify I believe the sleek Pittman and Parker type bullets on the bench may out shoot the furys, but not by much,,for the money the furys are the best I have found, the 265 you mentioned is 453 instead of 452, Dennis design this to fit the diameter and bore of the Paramount rifle, however if you're sizing bullets it should work fine, get 50 of the star tip 250, and 50 of the 265 sit down and shoot you will become a believer
Where do I order the. 453 FURY 265gr bullets from for my Paramount

Google fury bullets ask for Dennis,, I suggest you try the 250 and 275 star tip also, the 453 are going to have to be run to a sizing die maybe,if you have a Paramount it's worth the investment of the die it's not that expensive, they're not very complex either if I can use one

You better send out a warning tell all those holes to run and hide,,them 265s will find a hole and get in the middle of it

Latest posts

Back