New Fury Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to rig up another scope anyways just in case for next season, I have the rings and a zeiss terra 3x9-42 that needs using and that thing is clearer than my conquest I think. and various other scopes. I have a nikon muzzleloader scope long eye relief too and ten there is the government aid money thats supposed to be comming, lol. I'll have to beat momma to the mailbox, lol.

So, here's another thread that quit a year ago. During this past year did any of you use the Fury 265 Stb on deer? What happened?
Darn glad ya did this post to Decay. I'm not aware of any 265gr .453 STB's being recovered from any deer kills. I've shot about 45 of the 50 I got & they shoot great at 84gr as well as 105gr. But I sent all mine at my bench.

I just bought 100 Fury 45 cal , 265 gr Stb. I'll report on 'em after I shoot 'em.

Ninering62. I just tried to send you 2 text messages, but I've got a thunderstorm on top of me now and no service. I'll resend later.

I just bought 100 Fury 45 cal , 265 gr Stb. I'll report on 'em after I shoot 'em.

Ninering62. I just tried to send you 2 text messages, but I've got a thunderstorm on top of me now and no service. I'll resend later.
Thanks & SUPER COOL. Stay safe & we'll chat soon then.

Decay, only shot the stb into hog brains this year three different ones of course it took care of all of them I did not shoot a deer with them I shot my deer with the 250 fury 40 cal , I'm going to make an effort during June and July to put a couple of 265 furys in a hogs shoulder at 75-100 yds,, I will update you on this experiment and very sophisticated bullet test

Decay, only shot the stb into hog brains this year three different ones of course it took care of all of them I did not shoot a deer with them I shot my deer with the 250 fury 40 cal , I'm going to make an effort during June and July to put a couple of 265 furys in a hogs shoulder at 75-100 yds,, I will update you on this experiment and very sophisticated bullet test
I'll be lookin forward to seein the recovered bullets myself bro. I've only got 5 or 6 of them left & want to test them in water jugs and wet news paper at 50yds 100yds & 200yds with 84gr BH 209. I'd really like to see how they hold up from 105gr W BH 209 charges too. I think I'll order some more.

I'll be lookin forward to seein the recovered bullets myself bro. I've only got 5 or 6 of them left & want to test them in water jugs and wet news paper at 50yds 100yds & 200yds with 84gr BH 209. I'd really like to see how they hold up from 105gr W BH 209 charges too. I think I'll order some more.
Ive got a bunch of 265 STB's still waiting to be tested in my Accura and Renegade.

Idk. Probably start at 70gr of T7fffg and work up.
That ought to be cool. I found when loading T7fff in my Accura that the .060 veggie wads didn't cause any accuracy issues & really helped the repeated reloading without any swab or brush pretty well. I'm glad I got them, though I still use 1/8" felt oversized .50 wonder wads too for some loads. I only use the veggies when I'm loading T7. Fortune smiles on me from the muzzleloader gods & caused a postal screw up which led to me gettin 1000 of them free.

That ought to be cool. I found when loading T7fff in my Accura that the .060 veggie wads didn't cause any accuracy issues & really helped the repeated reloading without any swab or brush pretty well. I'm glad I got them, though I still use 1/8" felt oversized .50 wonder wads too for some loads. I only use the veggies when I'm loading T7. Fortune smiles on me from the muzzleloader gods & caused a postal screw up which led to me gettin 1000 of them free.
I bought 1k of them and while waiting for them, i forgot and ordered another 1k. So ive got enough to last several lifetimes. But they're cheap enough its no biggie. I had pretty good luck with the home made sub-bases/cutoff sabots and still have plenty of them.

I didn't find a good load in my smokeless scout conversion with the 265 stb's but didn't try real hard as I had many bullets that I was trying and ended up with the barnes 250 tez and a different powder. those stb's are a beautiful bullet though.

Just got back from a week in Michigan. Beautiful state.

Now to return to shooting. I got the Fury 265's, the Hankins sizer, .060 veggie wads, and a new scope on my Paramount, a Leupold 6.5 x 20. I'm on paper at 100 yds with 98 grains Blackhorn, but have to quit shooting for the day. Hope to be into it again tomorrow (if not golfing) looking for a sub MOA group so I can then head out to 200 and 300 yards.
Here's a question for those shooting the Paramount with Blackhorn: How many time can you fire it without cleaning the breechplug before accuracy goes bad?
What size groups have you gotten with the Paramount, the Fury 265's and (how much) Blackhorn?

I would clean my Paramount plug of course when I did my barrel which was usually 20 to 30 shots, I'm sure there are others that have shot there's more before cleaning,, mine would group best after 5 to 7 shots from clean bore,, if 98 grains shot well for you I wouldn't hesitate to go on out to 2 and 300 yd, my gun shot the best with 73 or 74 grains by weight no muzzle brake I wasn't real comfortable shooting the 84 plus gr loads the picture is 300 yards as you see I was getting a little wind left to right pretty sure that was 74, 73 gr by weight of black horn I know it's a stb and the Paramount apologize if I don't remember the exact charge,, I would be real confident with my Paramount and this load putting it anywhere on that deer's body .

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_165105008.jpg
    IMG_20200425_165105008.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
I shot my Paramount this morning, before it got too hot and windy. Temps from 84 to 90F. Very little wind. I'm still trying to find an accurate load using the 265 Fury. I used an .060 veggie wad over powder, sized the bullets to fit snug and tried for the most consistent loading procedure I could, repeating it the same every time. I shot 3 shot groups. I started today with 99 grains Blackhorn, then 100, then 103, then 105. The 99 and 100grain loads shot to a 2.6 and 3" group and 103 was 1.9 inch group at 100 yds. The 105 went down to 1.6 inch. This just isn't good enough to even take to 200, much less 300 yds.
I might shoot with a bit more powder, maybe 108 to 110 to see what happens. I haven't seen any info anywhere on what kind of chamber pressure these loads generate or what's safe. I'd be very concerned about going over any listed loads if this was smokeless powder, but I haven't seen any pressure data anywhere for Blackhorn, just that CVA says 105 grains is max with the 280 grain Powerbelt ELR.

Is anybody getting great accuracy with their Paramount and the 265 Fury with these heavier loads of Blackhorn, or are you only finding great accuracy around 85 grains?

Back