New Fury Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without reading through it all and/or both posts, did you get your brake installed?
Good mornin, the barrel, brake & receiver are still at the gunsmiths shop in Jax fl. They told me when I was still desperately searchin for someone semi local to do what I needed done that they haad a 6-8wk back log. F-Me just kinda flew right outta my bad bad piehole. When I called them to LTK I had the finished brake here & wanted to just drive it to them, they told me the back time was now DOWN TO only 4wks or thereabouts. I still couldn't quite muster up a rousing YEAAAA tho. So, it's still gonna be a cpl more wks before I see it again. I saved 5-charges in plastic tubes for when I get it back. I'm outta " spendin money" for quite a few months to come. I WILL NOT PAY 46.00 per 10oz can at the Basspro shop & drive an hr each way too. I darn sure wont pay ( 18-25.00 < WTF!!! hazmat fee on a small can either, even at the reg 34.00 a can & won't have the 300.00 for a 5lb can to be shipped here any time soon either. So this BS is bitter sweet to say the least. Story of my whole freakin life tho man. Just the way it is. Thanks for touchin base, kind regards always

I hear ya ninering, thats hard to take. I think I'm gonna lap my bore just a little today and give it a good cleaning, have never cleaned the scouts bore since I had it.

I hear ya ninering, thats hard to take. I think I'm gonna lap my bore just a little today and give it a good cleaning, have never cleaned the scouts bore since I had it.
Thanks bud, I don't find it a bit funny I can honestly tell ya that.
Cleanin even after a bunch of shootin with BH209 Was a beeze.
Enjoy your day & thanks for touchin base. Kind regards

well I did use a tite jag and patch today to polish the bore of the scout with jb bore paste, bore brite and bore cleaner. I then pushed some bullets through the barrel and it was smoother, didn't have all the catchiness stop and start thing going on. then I sized a few fury bullets, they are my favorite to size, so easy and they stay that way. I tried a 300 gr. xtp and every time I ran it through the sizing die it was just as hard as the time before, I decided not to even mess with those.

well I did use a tite jag and patch today to polish the bore of the scout with jb bore paste, bore brite and bore cleaner. I then pushed some bullets through the barrel and it was smoother, didn't have all the catchiness stop and start thing going on. then I sized a few fury bullets, they are my favorite to size, so easy and they stay that way. I tried a 300 gr. xtp and every time I ran it through the sizing die it was just as hard as the time before, I decided not to even mess with those.
sounds like ya did good then & enjoyed yourself. Good day huh. I know what you're sayin about XTP's & re sizing them. My .40 TC SEneca fast twist loves the 180gr XTP's I'm pushin to avg mv 1850-1880fps w/T7fff. I have a .397 sizing die I change out my .453 Hankins adj die in my Lee Challenger press I mounted on a 12" 2x8 & I C clamp it to my shooting table. I only size the number of bullets I plan to shoot in a test group. * I'm still learning the new gun & its capabilities ) I always run them thru 2 times one right after the other. Then set them in a lil tray ready to load & shoot. I dont have to do that with the Fury's. Easy to size down abit , Only needs one run thru the die & has stayed resized. I just checked a few I sized when I shot the Accura I just received. They are still sized to what I sized them to. Not even a 10 thou memory spring back. Very very cool. I will be a long time Fury bullet shooter from here on out. I was told to run the XTP's thru the die backward. The ram for the die is cupped like a jag for HP's & I learned that turning the entire press upside down was much easier to do them too. I have found that I get so enthralled with the whole process of prep, process that I'm not so focused on just the act & art of actual shooting. And before I know it, hrs have gone by or the entire day & I've only shot a cpl handsfull of times. Nuthin else in the world like it to me. It really is an innate love I have always had & it was not of my own doing, just made that way, fortunately! Kind regards

ordered some fury star tip 275's and 300's last night, they are the plain jane crimped nose bullets.

ordered some fury star tip 275's and 300's last night, they are the plain jane crimped nose bullets.
Awesome! You won't be disappointed. There are a few bullet types Fury makes that I really want to see how my Paramount mainly, but the Accura V2 .452 as well using T7 not BH209. I can't afford to shoot 1 gun very much with BH, I sure as hell won't be able to afford to shoot 2 guns with BH29. I'm out to find a LR high-performance bullets for bench/target/comp and hunt deer, pig, bear, whatever I want at extended ranges with max loads & max velocities the gun & bullet will shoot 1 ragged hole groups with. I do not want to downsize my charge to suit a particular bullet. I want to find what will shoot 1 hole groups at the MV I want to use & my Paramount can handle. The search is on! Well, it will be on when my barrel, receiver & muzzle brake get back here. Until then I'm goin to see what this Accura V2 likes & can do.
That .40 Seneca I just got, I cant keep my hands of it & I absolutely love shootin it. Its gonna be my Go Too gun & workhorse I have no doubt.

ninering, what is this seneca .40 you talk about? Is it smokeless ?
No bud, not a SML. It's a Thompson Seneca traditional downsized Hawken to .36 cal. With a barrel twist ( IDK the exact twist rate ) for PRB's only. This gun & 1 just like it another member in here has, to Bob Hoyt to bore the barrels out to .40 with a 1:37 fast twist to shoot 10mm jacketed pistol bullets & cast lead conicals between 140gr - 200gr using BP ffg or T7fff is what I'm using. If there is anything else ya wanna know I'd be happy to help send me a PM instead of open forum post plz. This stuff is " off topic " from the thread & can be deleted for that reason. Kind regards

did some shooting today and started with a clean barrel on the scout conversion and tried the regular fury star tips in 275 and 300 and thats all the charges I had with me. I was kinda stringing them horizontally. I am looking at this lead sled I have been using, it seems the toe of the butt pad comes in contact with the rubber pocket way before the top does so I may add some self adhesive foam towards the top of the pocket and maybe some on the forward rest too. I have some 285 bear creek ballpoints comming also to try. the 300gr. fury's didnt seem to kick me any worse than the 275's in that little break action, but I'm only shooting 56 gr of 4198. Man it was beautiful out there today.

I would try dropping load down to 53 grains and working back up to 56,and I guess you've checked all your screws ,and your scope and your comfortable that everything is right with that, I had a 45 70 Hunter that barrel was one of the most accurate barrels I've ever had on a factory gun it was phenomenal, but only with 300 gr and 325 gr bullets, that LED sled may have already blown your scope out or just loosened it up some.

Now I do not shoot hundreds down range like some of you but have used the sled for I think 10 years on various firearms without difficulties

Now I do not shoot hundreds down range like some of you but have used the sled for I think 10 years on various firearms without difficulties
If it works for you, then by all means do what you think is best and what works for you.

I've busted scopes, such as Nikon Monarchs (2, twice each), Leupolds and I've also see other scopes destroyed within less than 6 rounds off a sled. Others might say that they're using an old Tasco scope and shot many rounds off a sled and the scope still tracks properly.
Most have abandoned their sleds for rear bags. I've got a Caldwell FCX gathering dust I should put in a garage sale ;)

Do what works best for you....

I'm a little man so having some help with recoil is tempting, but at the same time it's gratifying being able to handle the recoil for me, I shoot a lot of big Bore rifles and of course muzzleloaders fanatically, a hunt every day during the deer season 2 month of gun ,1 month bow season almost 3 months straight,I very much believe in practicing how you're going to hunt, I do shoot off a front rest in a rear bag often, it does seem like a similar shooting position to when I'm in a deer stand or up in a tree, I cannot quite put the LED sled into that situation and I'm convinced it's not good on rifle scopes,I guess maybe that led sled with just a little bit of weight in it might be okay all I know is if you get used to that though what you going to do when you really shoot your gun without the help of the wieght and it knocks the crap out of you ,,I guess just bleed a little. I do see the days coming though at my age when that led sled might be introduced to me nothing against y'all sled users

yeah I think yall are right I need to shoot off a rest and a bag and try that. this led sled belongs to a friend and I havent been putting any weight on it, and it scoots back some every shot but I still think its hard on a scope.

Latest posts

Back