New Gong Ready for Lead

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I just got my Old Plow Disc Gong ready to take on Lead :) These things Sure have a DISTINCTIVE “Ring” to them, Nice N LOUD :lewis:

ixheUyS.jpg

I'd have left the hole open in the middle.
You see, then when you shoot and don't hear a clang, well then you automatically know you put it right through the middle...:p

On a serious note it looks great. What did you use for the middle? Just weld a chunk in?

I'd have left the hole open in the middle.
You see, then when you shoot and don't hear a clang, well then you automatically know you put it right through the middle...:p

On a serious note it looks great. What did you use for the middle? Just weld a chunk in?

I used a 1“ inch Diameter Grade 8 Bolt, and Grade 8 Washer in Front, This Filled the 1-1/2” Inch Square hole Perfectly :lewis:

This Chain is HEAVY DUTY 3,900 pound stuff, Stray Strikes from Lead Bullets won’t begin to hurt this Stuff. I left an Excess Chunk Dangling in the Back for the Extra CLANG :lewis:
p1JGpOC.jpg

Like that gong ,could just see a nice fine circle receptacle around that at 300 yards ,and a nice fine squeeze on the trigger . And that 530 gr. Pp lead sounding off. Nothing like it Lewis .Nice stand set up there also.

We started out at Friendship in the early 90’s with Silhouettes on chains, similar to your design.
We would wrap the chicken around the horizontal bar, sometimes 2x and then we’d shoot it back over.
We broke bolts & chains, I kept extra bolts & links in my shooting box.
Looks good.

Back