new gun real muzzle loaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booboo

Reaction score
Am also waiting for a new gun Pedersoli frontier .54 cal. also glad to see some people are using real front loaders

Let me guess Booboo, You put your rifle down on its butt, pour powder of some type down the barrel, tap the barrel a few times to settle the powder, place a projectile of some sort at the muzzle, use the short starter and ramrod to seat the bullet firmly on the powder. You then switch ends and push an ignition of some sort onto the nipple and fire. So let me tell you how I do my inline so you are aware of the difference.

Wait! What? There is no difference! I do exactly the same as you, except I try not to look down my nose at you because you are not using an inline.

Just sayin,

Bill

exactly its all the same just newer technology for one, no one is better then the other, guessing that post was to exact these responses.. welcome to the forum.

Nice muzzleloader, post some pics and range reports when you get it. Someday, I hope to have something like that to try something different in the world of muzzleloading. Honestly though, lets all stick together. My muzzleloader is a totally different animal than yours but that's ok, I think it's all great.

My muzzleloader that I shot this morning will REALLY get your attention quick if you don't get a REAL good grip on it :drool:
1yq70zl.jpg

Last edited:
I know the new space gun ,CVA V2 50 cal pocket rocket got the guys laughing but with 80 grains of OE 2F under a Lee 50cal Real as cast they were impressed with target ,more so ( smoke /recoil ) and my smile ! For some reason nobody wanted to try it but maybe if I bring a 490 RB /patched with over 45 -50 grs of OE 2F , these 800 yd 6.5 Creedmoor shooters will step up (but probably not) as its to slow . Like my stik bows/Ed

Last edited:
Traditional builds are fine and I've messed aroud with the plenty over the years.

The problem for me is the iron sights. Old eyes and iron sights give me very little opportunity. Even the high glow open sight upgrade makes huge difference.

Read Ned Roberts' book " The Muzzleloading Cap Lock Rifle" . They were using inlines, 209s and a Mag Spark type primer set up in the 1880's!
News flash! If you pour powder and ram its a MUZZLELOADER. And sabots? Well, the artillery has been using them for about 500 years now. Even the Holy Patch is a form of sabot. They're both nothing more than a sub caliber adapter.
At least he put the thread in the right forum...

Booboo - we look forward to seeing photos and post hear in the sidelock/traditional page.
They have their limitations, but are very enjoyable to shoot as well.

Early last spring I ran into a sweetheart deal from traditions and I bought a 50 caliber sidelock percussion with one of them black fiberglass stocks, sights with little glow buttons on them, 24 inch barrel, one in 48, and weighs less than 6 pounds. So far them old boys at the Turkey shoot haven't said anything, but I could see them looking. My replacement shoulder thinks that's just the nicest gun around.. With my free shipping coupon, and a small donation to the NRA, it went for $230.
squint

Latest posts

Back