New Guy From Indiana

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_ray50

Reaction score
I just bought a CVA Optima v2 Pistol and am in the process of getting the things I need to go with it . I have been out of any type of guns for about 20 years they were center fire rifles mostly but have gotten interested in muzzleloading inline guns so thought I would try out a CVA Pistol . I have read some of the post on this forum and it seems to be a lot of experienced shooters so I am looking forward to gleaning some very useful information from you Thanks Dan

Welcome Dan...There are several guys here that have Optima pistols. They will be chiming in soon.

Welcome from Oklahoma. I have the same pistol. My load is 70 grains by volume of Swiss 3f powder with a 240 grain PA conical bullet.

I would like to try some BH209 in a reduced load . I was reading about a reduced load for youth shooters around 10 years old using BH209 60gr volume or 42.5gr weight with a 250gr BRns T-EZ bullet in rifles and was wondering if that may work in this pistol ? What do you think ?

Welcome d_ray50. I have shot that load from mine. 60grV bh209 and a 250 shockwave. Decent groups at 50 yards. I think it will do better with a little more powder(& practice). I am going to, eventually, try a 240gr cheapshot and a 200grn (not sure what, yet) bullet and see how it does. But i want to find a good load for a 300xtp or 300deepcurl hp.

Latest posts

Back