New guy from upstate NY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDReed

Reaction score
Hey all, I wouldn't say I'm new to muzzleloading but I am just getting back into it. I just bought a CVA Accura MR and am (im)patiently waiting for it to arrive. I look forward to learning from this forum and getting the most out of my new toy.

Thanks!

Welcome from Oklahoma. Good choice for a rifle. I always liked the MR.

Thanks, my wife actually lived in the Tulsa area for about a year.

My buddy has the MR and I always liked that it was shorter than most of the other options from CVA and the nitrided bergara barrel as well.

CVA was running a sale on the 2019 MR last week and I managed to snag the last one!

Can't wait to get it!

Thanks, my wife actually lived in the Tulsa area for about a year.

My buddy has the MR and I always liked that it was shorter than most of the other options from CVA and the nitrided bergara barrel as well.

CVA was running a sale on the 2019 MR last week and I managed to snag the last one!

Can't wait to get it!
I'm south of Tulsa, in Pushmataha county.
Nice, light and easy handling. You'll have to try different bullets and powder charges to find what works best.

Welcome to the forum from Rome, NY. I'm just down the road from you. I hunt mostly in Madison Co near Brookfield.

With MMP respective sabots.
Hornady .430 265 gr FTX Green sabot
Hornady .458 325 gr FTX Org sabot.
BH209 80 ~ 90 grains.
Lots of other variables. But I have always found these combos work well. Economical too!
Seems the Accura series perform well with a heavier pill.
Another member on here suggested this combo that I found on here sometime ago.
Paying it forward.

Latest posts

Back