New guy here.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TR1Hemi

Reaction score
Found this site while doing a search for the people who make the no carrier H&R/NEF breeches. I found them, Metrics Unlimited. My first M/L was a Knight DISC 50. I considered the bolt and carrier a pain. I migrated to a T/C Encore 50, which I got as a complete setup and bought other barrels. Accuracy was not up to what I thought it should be, with ANY caliber. I sold that whole Encore collection to a friend who liked it, we hunt together and he still shoots it. That left me muzzleloaderless, then I remembered the NEF I inherited from my dad, that I had bought him, burried DEEP in the safe. I drug it out last Nov, for Dec season here in Neb. My first 2 holes were touching at 50, made a scope adjustment, and went hunting. I think break actions are the way to go for inline hunting. BTW, I used those new (last year) Hodgdon Firestar pellets and Hornady 250gr SST with speed sabot.

Welcome to the forum. Everyone has their favorite style but I also like the simplicity of break open guns to hunt with. I have plenty of others but rarely shoot them, let alone hunt with them.

I grew up in and came home (on Leave from the AF) to Illinois to hunt, where it is a 12-20 gauge slug state, I figured inline muzzle loading would actually have better range, that's how I started. I retired from the AF and my dad has passed, and we live in Nebraska, the hunting is amazing we have muleys and whitetails overlapping in western Nebraska near rivers. Got my first muley last year with it. 130 yards, 1 shot 1 kill.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you’re at least as successful this season.

Thank you all, when get used to having to use a 12ga Slug gun, and having to get almost as close as a bow, a 50 cal inline is like getting a single shot sniper rifle...lol. Now I live in Nebraska and use a AR10 for rifle season, and the little NEF for the Dec muzzle loader season, in places in western Neb along rivers the muley and whitetail intermingle. Gotta make sure your tag and your deer match...lol

Latest posts

Back