New Knight 52 with gray thumb whole stock: need bullet help: loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittsspecial

Reaction score
Hello:

I recently picked up two knights 1 DSC 50 and the gray mountineer 52 cal
Knight they sent on a box on blood line 458 dia 275 gr sabots and advised 90 gr of tripple 7

So I use the tripple 7 in 30 gr increment round donut hole pelets. After a few shots I can clover leaf at 100 from a rest.
I d like to shoot farther with dandy results like this. Any suggestions would be wonderful guys.

I like the 52cal.
I picked one up a few years ago and with its fast twist - I had a feeling it would shoot conicals well. So, I made a mold and it’s been a shooter, like I had hoped. Red Plastic Jacket.
Won our state match with my friends from Knight in attendance. (200 yd target)
Shot a doe facing me in the chest at 218yds - bullet exited side..
I was shooting 75gr Swiss 2f (no doubt the same volume amount of BH209 would be equal).
2820DE67-7543-4BC2-913E-9B98229A1764.jpeg93D25531-F543-44BE-AD50-0C7EC7834D8F.jpeg4174AC86-0D23-4DF2-ACD9-C23CC013200B.jpeg

Hello:

I recently picked up two knights 1 DSC 50 and the gray mountineer 52 cal
Knight they sent on a box on blood line 458 dia 275 gr sabots and advised 90 gr of tripple 7

So I use the tripple 7 in 30 gr increment round donut hole pelets. After a few shots I can clover leaf at 100 from a rest.
I d like to shoot farther with dandy results like this. Any suggestions would be wonderful guys.
Sounds like you have it shooting well..
Have you tried shooting farther?
A scope with external turrets will help.

I have not tried a different scope yet but Id love to. Im in the Hospital right now, just out of ICU with the Big C.
I love the gun. It is well balanced, fine trigger and deadly on. I put on a red dot just for deer season but I got sick the second day. Dont ask me how its a mistery.

Id like to shoot further; Im using the recommended 90 gr of ff with 275 Bloodlines.....but looking for an additional direction for loads; 'I agree the scope should be as you have there too.
Very nice rifle!

Get thru the Big C..
The bloodline is a good bullet - hard and will penetrate. If it shoots good now, don’t be so quick to change.
A good scope is mandatory for shooting past 300.
Until then.

Get thru the Big C..
The bloodline is a good bullet - hard and will penetrate. If it shoots good now, don’t be so quick to change.
A good scope is mandatory for shooting past 300.
Until then.
Agreed 100%. I think I have a good scope at home; to try. I am amazed at the accuracy so far.I am not often impressed but this rifle is... quite good. It is a joy to shoot, and that says it all right there.
thank you

I have not tried a different scope yet but Id love to. Im in the Hospital right now, just out of ICU with the Big C.
I love the gun. It is well balanced, fine trigger and deadly on. I put on a red dot just for deer season but I got sick the second day. Dont ask me how its a mistery.

Id like to shoot further; Im using the recommended 90 gr of ff with 275 Bloodlines.....but looking for an additional direction for loads; 'I agree the scope should be as you have there too.
Very nice rifle!

The 275 Knight/Lehigh Bloodline is a great all-around bullet and it is very accurate. I shoot it form my Knights with 120 gr. vol of T7 or BH. You will not believe how effective it is on and animal. Lehigh Defense is also making a copper counter part. A .452x265 gr. CF-HP that you can get also, although you would not be able to use it in the 52 because of the lack of a sabot. But in the 50 it will work great,

Lehigh458-275.jpg

and the 265 with BH

Lehigh-452x265-CFHP-R225-6-in.jpg

Sorry to hear you got sick.
I hope you get your strength back and get out before seasons end.

The 275 Knight/Lehigh Bloodline is a great all-around bullet and it is very accurate. I shoot it form my Knights with 120 gr. vol of T7 or BH. You will not believe how effective it is on and animal. Lehigh Defense is also making a copper counter part. A .452x265 gr. CF-HP that you can get also, although you would not be able to use it in the 52 because of the lack of a sabot. But in the 50 it will work great,

Lehigh458-275.jpg

and the 265 with BH

Lehigh-452x265-CFHP-R225-6-in.jpg
thank you so much for sharing. This great. Here on day 10 just off the lung machine on forced O2. Wishing I was out shooting and hunting. Last thing I remember I was starting out in the am and got 1/4 of the way up and I had to stop and go to my knees. No air. I figured it was my time anyway... but I made it back by the GOG. ill be back...

Latest posts

Back