New Lehigh ML in the works

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to give those that are interested in this new concept an update.
1- Barrel length is going to stay at 17 inches.
2- The BPSIS system is finalized. They have a load for sabots and non saboted bullets.
3- I will be shooting a lot of different bullets in the near future and plan on giving velocities as well. I even ordered some of those Powerbelts Er bullets to try in this gun.
4- I have two of these now which will allow for me to get more shooting and testing done in a day.

I know some people on the forums don't like the idea and that's OK and i understand. This gun right now isn't going to replace your long range ML. In my opinion this is a 200 yard ML. Short lite accurate and very safe and easy to use. I need to mention a lot of fun to.

There's and unbelievable amount of people wanting to reserve one but with some slight problems getting the actions made they aren't being taken right now. In the next week or two i should have a lot of different bullets shot and tested for accuracy.

I like to ask: What is the weight of the gun, no scope (50 cal, if that is an option)?

I don't have a 50cal version yet. The 45cal i have with scope, steel bases, and rings weigh's 6.6 lbs.

Nice, maybe 5 1/4 for the gun.

There is something of an irony to get a light ML you generally have to get the cheapest traditions or wolf
in order to get a light gun. After that might still have to cut the barrel back.
The better grade guns all have more weight. Those with fluting still come in heavier than a cheap gun. With
most guns and scopes there is a premium for true light weight. In the ML world seems most buyer are drawn
to big/long heavy guns like the TC line. Even encore barrels generally long and massive diameters.

This is a milestone, I have today, with 13 posts, crossed the 1/2 point to being allowed to contact sellers
in the classified ads.

Last edited:
Fourbore,the gun or guns I want in muzzleloading do not exist,,unless I have custom built, my favorite gun the last couple of years had been CVa Accura mountain rifle,,but I hate the twist,1-28,I want rant more here about that,, muzzleloading needs new rifle designs,,new powders,, cleaner slightly faster burning version of blackhorn,, smokeless powders like 4198 developed for muzzleloading,,heck put some smoke in it,, there are new powders for every cartridge on planet Earth,, I know there's several new substitute black powder, but not what I'm looking for,,I think single-shot muzzleloader type rifles are the future of fire arms,,no one seems to be looking forward,,,I love tradition, if tradition is the best,, truth is sometimes tradition is not the best, sometimes new and innovation is.we have a very accurate bullets today we don't have the guns and powders to support those bullets in my view. 6 to 7 pound rifles, hankins or Arrowhead module,, capable of light smokeless or black-powder subs,, fast twist,, between 700 and $1,200,,heck is buy3or4 of the CVA Accura mountain rifles if they would just make them in a fast twist 45, and actually use American bore dimensions. I'll look hard at anyone's 7 lb or less muzzleloader with a fast twist I don't care if it's break action or bolt

There is something of an irony to get a light ML you generally have to get the cheapest traditions or wolf
in order to get a light gun. After that might still have to cut the barrel back.

Actually there are other options but they are not exactly cheap. If 45cal is ok and you want it on a Contender frame, you can do that right now. The 45cal 1-20 barrel for Contender is available from 2 vendors in "smoker only".

Fourbore,the gun or guns I want in muzzleloading do not exist,,unless I have custom built, my favorite gun the last couple of years had been CVa Accura mountain rifle,,but I hate the twist,1-28,I want rant more here about that,, muzzleloading needs new rifle designs,,new powders,, cleaner slightly faster burning version of blackhorn,, smokeless powders like 4198 developed for muzzleloading,,heck put some smoke in it,, there are new powders for every cartridge on planet Earth,, I know there's several new substitute black powder, but not what I'm looking for,,I think single-shot muzzleloader type rifles are the future of fire arms,,no one seems to be looking forward,,,I love tradition, if tradition is the best,, truth is sometimes tradition is not the best, sometimes new and innovation is.we have a very accurate bullets today we don't have the guns and powders to support those bullets in my view. 6 to 7 pound rifles, hankins or Arrowhead module,, capable of light smokeless or black-powder subs,, fast twist,, between 700 and $1,200,,heck is buy3or4 of the CVA Accura mountain rifles if they would just make them in a fast twist 45, and actually use American bore dimensions. I'll look hard at anyone's 7 lb or less muzzleloader with a fast twist I don't care if it's break action or bolt
Leave that sentiment on CVAs site as a review of the Acurra. I did. If they hear it enuff they may just build something.

I need to apply for a job with CVA, they need someone that actually shoots muzzleloaders here in America, , I think that's a good idea though with the email thank you

CVA has come alongggg wayyyyy!! I have a Accura MR i kept cause i really like it with lite loads. 110grns of BH by volume will kill anything in North America in my opinion.

Back