New Lehigh ML in the works

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the redemption shot good to 500
from what you have said should work fine to there

For the industry- It’s good to see any new ML product.
For some reason, I thought I read or saw a year or so ago that Lehigh was going with a Blazer platform w/interchangeable barrels - break open will be fine.

Wonder who’s making the barrel? GM?

I agree with the ones who favor faster twist.

After the knight KP or similar platform was mentioned that makes perfect sense, though it would need some serious work to be considered light. I almost bought a KP1 a couple times but couldn't get over how heavy it felt for what it was.

When we were designing the Mountaineer and Ultralites Gordy from then Knight had some prototype barrels made with faster twists in 50cal. I know i had a 1/24 twist barrel that would not shoot 250grn bullets and lighter that good. It shot 275grn and 300grn bullets very well both short and long range. I then had a 1/26 barrel that shot light and heavy very very well. This is why i favor 1/26 twist in a 50cal. This ML wont be western legal out of the gate so not sure really how many people will shoot bullets over 300grns.

For some reason, I thought I read or saw a year or so ago that Lehigh was going with a Blazer platform w/interchangeable barrels - break open will be fine.

My prototype is not a GM barrel. I would assume not sure that Gordy will contact GM for pricing as well.

That is somewhat true of the 50cal 1-24. Bullets like the 225gr XPB dont shoot as well with average loads. They need to be reduced a bit. 250gr and up monolithic bullets should be fine. They are longer than lead jacketed most of the time.....Lets say a guy wants to shoot 50x40 though. The 1-24 will be much better for bullets like the 40cal 200gr Lehigh or longer. Hot loads in a 50x40 have always been problematic for me. They need more speed or a faster twist and the faster speed is when the sabot has issues.

For the average guy a 1-24 or 1-26 aint gunna make much difference with conicals. Especially in a light weight platform. Even a 1-28 will handle conical weights heavier than most shooters will tolerate in a light rifle.

tell Gordy I said , Hi. He came to Friendship to very first Inline Match I held. Name is Bob Wetzler

Lehigh is doing an accuracy test with GM and Douglas with CF’S to determine what barrel they will use.

I'm happy for Gordy...
Tell him Steve Buff says hello .

Hopefully it will have a stock, or stock option, for people that don't have gorilla arms. Also, how are Millineum Manufacturing and Lehigh connected: same company, different companies under one owner, just a business partnership, etc? Not that it really matters, just curious.

Hopefully it will have a stock, or stock option, for people that don't have gorilla arms. Also, how are Millineum Manufacturing and Lehigh connected: same company, different companies under one owner, just a business partnership, etc? Not that it really matters, just curious.
Same owners for both companies. What percentage i dont know.

Using Douglas would set them apart from most builders and i am rather fond of Douglas Prem XX barrels. Maybe not the best ive seen but a good barrel. If i had a choice between GMB and Douglas it would be Douglas.

Latest posts

Back