New Lehigh ML in the works

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I’ve been testing a 45cal 1/22 twist prototype. This will be changed to 1/20. There will also be a 50cal which I will recommend 1/26 twist.

As far as propellants nothing set in stone yet.

They will be break open Muzzleloaders.

The ATF has them now and I’m being told no later then November will be able to add more details.

So far I’ve harvested one Deer, around 17 Ground Hogs, and 1 Coyote. It is by far the safest cleanest ML I’ve ever used right out of the box. And I’ve harvested sabotless and with sabots.

Accuracy is the same as any other ML I’ve used.

Wish I could share more, but it’s worth waiting for.

I’m real curious for sure. I’m a little surprised it’s a break action. Real interested in what’s new or different that makes it that much better? It seems like most everything has been done with them already. Glad to hear it’s going to be faster twist in both calibers.

Looking toward to hearing more.

1-24 does have certain advantages and very few negatives. Its also a somewhat more common twist rate for barrel manufacturers. Aside from Rem, only Lothar Walther offered a 1-26 50cal and those are exceptional quality barrels in terms of strength. LW's stainless is one of the toughest you can get.

1-20 for sure in a 45cal. A 1-22 is marginal for some of the newer longer bullets. BH209 will produce barely enough fps to get them to stabilize. Really long bullets will still need a 1-18 at BH209 speeds but that is only a handful of bullets.

ATM though i would rather have a 40cal with about a 1-15 twist. :D That is the smallest legal deer caliber for a ML here.

I believe the 1 in 24 twist is much more versatile and better suited to the average shooter, the 1 in 20 is best for long range target and heavy bullets for big game but has a much more limited market.

They will be break open Muzzleloaders.

That surprised me at first. Expected it would be a bolt action.

Can you tell us if the action is their Own Action design/MFG?

This should be very interesting.

A break action is not what i was expecting but a wild guess.........Think Knight KPXish since Knight seems to have abandoned the idea. ;)

There isn't much that hasn't been done already to make it amazing
What brand manufactured barrel is it grouse

Grouse We need more info, the suspense is killing us. A pic would be really nice.

Grouse We need more info, the suspense is killing us. A pic would be really nice.

I wish i could share some pics.
This ML is for hunting only. Its short and lite, great for any type of hunting. Its not a long range ML by any means. Ive been shooting sabots and sabotless. Accuracy is as good as any other ML i own. This ML will attract the working guy with not a lot of time who loves to hunt. This ML is no grief or hassle at all. Safe Clean and simple pretty much sums it up. Lehigh did an amazing job designing this and i cant wait till everyone can see it.

Back