New Machined 240gr and 285gr Bear Creek Ballistics with Ballistic Tips

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah thats some great shooting! did they have the pointed ballistic tip?

yeah thats some great shooting! did they have the pointed ballistic tip?

Yes, the ballistic tip. They now have an advertised weight of 280 grains with a B.C. of .325, hopefully they get back in stock soon. Their price went up again but I don't mind paying a premium if they perform as well as the old ball points.
y8h6eBU.jpg

I need to try mine again. I just got my scout conversion shooting real good by tightening up the forend stock which wasn't very tight. apperently there was an adjustment up under the forend.

I have 5 of those pointed ones and about 27 of the new ball point which has a larger flatter ball point, which I wouldnt really call a ball point, but it is very well made.

I'll see if I can get a pick for you and send it. I wouldn't call it a ballpoint though, it's wider up front and almost flat, but it's precision made.

Buckanddoe, I sent you a pic of the ballpoint, go ahead and post it.

I'm gonna have to try these bullets again now that I seem to have solved my accuracy problem.

I think he told me it was the same bullet as the ballistic tip just a tip difference. these bullets are touted as having immediate expansion by their maker. I would think that maybe the ballpoint might open up slightly quicker due to more penetration resistance at impact, but with this bullet designed through and through for immediate expansion they may act the same. If I was shooting 200 plus yds. I would go with the pointed tip.

I think he did a fine job building these bullets. the only thing we didnt need as muzzleloading shooters is that cannelure groove but probably doesnt hurt anything judging by the last group you shot.

I think these two different points were given as choices by the maker because the bullets were for the 450 bushmaster and some guns can't use the longer tip due to the clip length. so for that reason you can order either tip.

Latest posts

Back