New Member from MA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

John here from Central Massachusetts. Enjoy long walks in the woods and sitting in trees with my compound bow, and eventually a muzzleloader. Would like to occasionally give a deer a ride in the sled on the way out, but hey, it's a day in the woods.

Began looking into muzzeloading last year, purchasing some accessories along the way, but then put it on the back burner. Have a CVA Optima V2 Nitride with open sights on backorder. I have Blackhorn 209 powder and primers, along with some 245 and 295 grain Powebelts and 290 grain Hornady Bore Driver FTX to put through it. Probably won't get it in time for our hunting season here in MA.

Anyway, looking forward to checking out the forum sections and learning as much as I can from everyone here.

Thanks,

John

Hello all,

John here from Central Massachusetts. Enjoy long walks in the woods and sitting in trees with my compound bow, and eventually a muzzleloader. Would like to occasionally give a deer a ride in the sled on the way out, but hey, it's a day in the woods.

Began looking into muzzeloading last year, purchasing some accessories along the way, but then put it on the back burner. Have a CVA Optima V2 Nitride with open sights on backorder. I have Blackhorn 209 powder and primers, along with some 245 and 295 grain Powebelts and 290 grain Hornady Bore Driver FTX to put through it. Probably won't get it in time for our hunting season here in MA.

Anyway, looking forward to checking out the forum sections and learning as much as I can from everyone here.

Thanks,

John
Welcome. :)
I'm probably no more than an hour from you. MA shotgun season starts on Nov. 28th and I'll be in the woods with my .45 smoker.

Welcome. :)
I'm probably no more than an hour from you. MA shotgun season starts on Nov. 28th and I'll be in the woods with my .45 smoker.
Good luck out there. I hunt right through the end of the season with my bow, but will be adding the muzzleloader to the hunting inventory, but most likely not until next season.

Between Connecticut and just the one area I've hunted so far in Zone 9 this year, I've had about six deer either just out of range for my bow, or behind light cover that I wouldn't chance a shot, at least not with a bow.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Good luck out there. I hunt right through the end of the season with my bow, but will be adding the muzzleloader to the hunting inventory, but most likely not until next season.

Between Connecticut and just the one area I've hunted so far in Zone 9 this year, I've had about six deer either just out of range for my bow, or behind light cover that I wouldn't chance a shot, at least not with a bow.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.
I hunted Zone 9 a few years back but mostly hunt Zone 10.

Can be tough sledding out here in Zone 8 and 9. Did a bit more scouting in the off season and found some good spots.
I've also hunted Zone 8. Took a nice 9 pointer years back bowhunting the Douglas State Forest.

Latest posts

Back