New member from Mass

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDK

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Hi All

I’m joining up to help get myself and my 14 year old son set up to hunt deer in Massachusetts.

I have been shooting for a long time and own modern firearms. I also used to shoot old school black powder rifles. I am very exited by the modern developments and looking forward to getting started.

Welcome from Oklahoma. Modern inlines are great for hunting. Components are scarce these days, meaning 209 primers and Blackhorn 209 powder.

Thanks for the welcome! I reload ammo for my ARs and 9mm Glocks, so have been dealing with the primer mess for a while now.

I have signed up for 209 primer alerts and hope to snag some while I am shopping rifles and other supplies.

Amazingly, my local Cabelas recently got well restocked on muzzleloader powder so I picked up a few different brands to try.

Welcome and enjoy, I was a traditional shooter for 30+years. Then I started hanging with these guys. I bought 3 mz guns last year. Its a rabbit hole. But I enjoy it a great deal.

Thanks all, and I feel myself getting sucked in already lol. I grew up in NY where deer hunting was done with a lever action 30-30 or a 30.06 bolt gun if you wanted to get fancy.

Up here in central MA it’s rough and rocky with deep, thick cover. Sight lines don’t get much past 100 yards and most of my scouting says 50 will be about average. I’m going to put the time in to make sure that my son and I are both dead on at those ranges, and the better rifles seem up to the task

Welcome from the state of Delaware But I ain't proud of it darn Demorats
Thanks for the welcome. I’m up in MA so am probably dealing with many of the same restrictions as you are. You almost need to be an attorney up here to navigate firearms laws lol

Last edited:
welcome..from maine..your behind enemy lines lol
Lol- I also like AR-15‘s and Glocks. Had to become both a competent gunsmith and amateur attorney to pull it off. They definitely don’t make it easy here. You need a full blown LTC to buy black powder supplies :rolleyes:

Back