New Member from Wyoming

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elk area 91 Jan 1st-31st...Deer area 98 Oct 15-20th...Ant areas 50 Sept 1-15th, area 99 Sept 1-Oct 31st. , Area 107 Aug 20-Sept 9th ..most are either sex but good luck with your tag draw and landowner permission. I just hunt during reg rifle seasons with my underhammer muzzies. Wyoming has so many areas they almost manage ranch by ranch. Wyo doesn't seem interested in manageable muzzle loading seasons but if you pay an addt'l $15.00 for archery over your drawn tag (or general for residents) it converts to a rifle permit at the close of Archery season. That's why many who travel here hunt the last week of bow and then the first week of rifle seasons. I'm sure I left myself open for debate as the laws and prices have been changing every year. Denying corner hopping to access public land has isolated thousands of acres from the tax paying public and lines the pockets of many ranches. Has got to be addressed !! On state owned land that is leased for grazing you can hunt, fish and access for recreation but for me to trap I must acquire written permission from the lease holder, difficult at best. Some have asked for total access control on state lands they have leased expanding their for profit hunting and fishing for a dime on the dollar. and denying our citizen taxpaying rights for access. Hopefully this will never happen here in one of the greatest FREE states in America. At least as of yet our big game herds have not been decimated by the emotionally founded wolf reintroduction, though the Yellowstone herds have been affected. While the studies drag on many states have suffered severely. Please do not label this as political! Many thanx...Trader
Good to know, Trader. I might have to try that deer hunt, I've chased elk in that same country before.

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all. I've been looking up muzzleloader hunts, and found this nice one in Wyoming. I'm not always a fan of Newberg, but I like this hunt with his buddy Jim.

Welcome! As a recent transplant to Wyoming I have been disappointed at the lack of dedicated mz hunts here. But that's a small price to pay for the other things this place has going for it.

Welcome! As a recent transplant to Wyoming I have been disappointed at the lack of dedicated mz hunts here. But that's a small price to pay for the other things this place has going for it.
I know there are a few hunts out there, but you're right that there are too few MZ hunts.

Latest posts

Back