• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE New Modified Pre-QRBP CVA Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sold Out

Several of these unfired, modified to reliably ignite Blackhorn Powder breech plugs available for purchase.

G_0185.jpg

G_0186.jpg

G_0192.jpg

G_0194.jpg

Modifications include enlarging the flame channel to 5/32" and creating a powder chamber at the nose of the breech plug. Threads in the flame channel receive any standard vent liner; included is one vent liner.

Total cost including mail is PRICE INCREASE to $50.

Last edited:
Will this plug fit the earlier buckhorn,eclipse or the mag bolt 150 type rifles? I have a older Winchester X-150 which I believe is the same as the mag bolt. It's BPI manufacturing. Just curious if one of your plugs would fit?

Will it screw into a X-150....Yes
Will it function 100%.....Well sort of....it needs some minor mods to the bolt or there is nothing to hold the primer in the plug. There is however a mod to convert the X-150 to work with that plug.

1.installed breech plug with the hex head
2.shimmed the bolt face forward approx .020
3. installed an oring in the breech plug bought from mcmaster carr

Still have a few of these modified breech plugs available for $50.
Ron, new member here and my first post/reply. I got a heck of a deal ($100 w/ scope and ammo box full of muzzleloading supplies) on a older CVA Optima that’s in really good shape. It has the hex head breech plug but I want to shoot BH209 in it like I do in my Encore and my wife’s CVA Wolf. I ordered the Lehigh vent liners and have the bits & tap to drill the breech plug but been working out of town & haven’t had a chance to do it myself. Do you have any of the breech plugs like above available and will they take the Lehigh vent liners when it needs changed? If so, I’d love to get one from you and keep mine original to have one of each for the gun if I were to ever sell it both powder types could be used.

Thanks,

Jason

Ron,brownisdown here from the mml forum.Just received a traditions striker fire mzl from a member on the forum.It is brand new and has the 1/24 twist barrel.I plan to shoot bh209 powder.The breech plug on the exit side is flat as a dime.I may be putting the cart before the horse but can the plug be modified for a vent liner and how much is the cost?I think you did a plug for me before but I do not remember for what muzzleloader.Thank you

Several of these unfired, modified to reliably ignite Blackhorn Powder breech plugs available for purchase.

G_0185.jpg

G_0186.jpg

G_0192.jpg

G_0194.jpg

Modifications include enlarging the flame channel to 5/32" and creating a powder chamber at the nose of the breech plug. Threads in the flame channel receive any standard vent liner; included is one vent liner.

G_0185.jpg

G_0186.jpg

G_0192.jpg

G_0194.jpg

Hello Ron, New member here. I have 2 Breech plugs for 45/50cal. Optima Pros that I would like to purchase. Please send me any info i will need.

Was looking forward to getting a couple breech plugs from Ron L. Any Help for contacting would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back