New Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbrown69

Reaction score
Finally got to shoot my Accura V2 27" barrel. Purchased this in Febuary! Too cold and too much snow to zero so I just cleaned it and stored. I am not new to muzzleloaders as I have 3 others I bought in early 80s and 90s. I used a knight BK92 to hunt with and got many deer. The gun never let me down (I did slip in the snow with it once and broke the stock clean in half at the pistol grip. The two shooter deer walked by! All I could do was look. Anyway I read here alot and took note of loads for the Accuras that folks had luck with. I know each gun is different but had hopes the gun would like the same loads. The load I tried today was the 300 grain Scorpian pt gold with the short black sabot. 100 grains of blackhorn 209 by volume and cci m 209 primers. Wow best group in a long time at 100 yards 3/4 inch. There was wind. I have other things to try as well. For the first time shooting I am impressed. Luck maybe. Will see.

Congrats on the success story. I have the Accura V2 and get 100 yards accuracy like that. 250 grain Barnes expander, black sabot and 77 grains weighed [110 grains by volume] of 209 powder. Winchester blue box 209 primer.

Congrats on the success story. I have the Accura V2 and get 100 yards accuracy like that. 250 grain Barnes expander, black sabot and 77 grains weighed [110 grains by volume] of 209 powder. Winchester blue box 209 primer.
I have ordered some winchester primers as I have some primer blowbye withe the firing pin bushing flush. Hope it helps.

Back