new/old muzzle loader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lburnell56

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I started muzzleloading back in high school (50 years ago) with a H&R Huntsman using real blackpowder. This was later sold and I went without for many years. Then I built a TC Renegade, a TC Cherokee, and sold both. Did some hunting with the Renegade with no luck. Next came a Knight Black Knight and I did shoot a deer with it. Sold it and bought a TC Black Diamond and had success with it. This was then sold and I bought a black/blue TC Impact, which I love, and shot several deer with it. This last hunting season I shot the biggest buck yet and believe it will score in the MASTIC ( Maine Antler and Skull Club). It weighed just under 200# and had absolutely no fat left on it. A couple of weeks earlier it would have been well over 200#. The Impact shoots very good, so much so I bought another one in Camo with a weather shield barrel. Recently I started using Triple 7 powder and love it. Bought a can of BH 209 and will test it come spring. Also bought some orange sabots and a .458, 370 gr. Lee mold. Can't wait for spring.

Welcome. I started back in the day with a few common ‘side-lock’ percussion rifles, and a 36 cal revolver. Seems one can hardly give a side-lock away anymore.

For many of us the setup is for hunting of some sort, mostly deer. For that purpose I’ll take an accurate in-line. Of course one has to take into account the regs where one plans to hunt.

Latest posts

Back