New Scope, Bushnell Prime 1-4x32

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My little Simmons ProDiamond finally gave up the ghost. I was having some accuracy problems and I tightened up all the usual suspects on my X7 (torx lug screws, etc), but noticed a faint rattling inside the scope. For a 4x32 with essentially no moving parts, not good. I would have just bought another Simmons since I really liked the size of it in relation to my X7 but apparently they don't make them anymore. So the search began.

I wanted another fixed 4x32 but they are almost impossible to find . Nowadays everyone wants a 4-15x50 which is crazy overkill on what is essentially a brush gun. I finally settled on the Bushnell Prime 1-4x32. Normally $140, I got if for $99 directly from Bushnell.

IMG_2265.jpg

Glass seems decent. Reticule is basic multi-X. Four inches of eye relief - very important for me and the reason most other scopes did not make the cut. The ocular lense with the 1-4x variable magnification makes the scope look imbalanced but whatever. I will likely just leave it on 4x but maybe when deep in the brush the lower mags will be useful.

Hope to get it zeroed in at the range soon, when I do, I will post on this thread any more thoughts.

Looks like a decent scope.
I recently bought a Bushell Banner dusk & dawn, 3X9X40. It's on my new CVA Optima V2 rifle.
I only have about 25 or so shots through it so far and it seems to be holding up ok. Got it on sale from Midway USA for about 90 bucks shipped.
I like old style fixed power scopes too but they seem to be going the way of the dinosaur, just like me, Lol.

I always watch for old Simmons and Bushnell Japanese, Korean, or Phillipines made fixed power scopes on ebay and at gun shows. Ive found a few nice 4x and 6x scopes that way, cheap. Not always pretty but decent and reliable.

I always watch for old Simmons and Bushnell Japanese, Korean, or Phillipines made fixed power scopes on ebay and at gun shows. Ive found a few nice 4x and 6x scopes that way, cheap. Not always pretty but decent and reliable.
I had an old Tasco, Japan made 2.5 circle X scope on a turkey gun, which I sold some years back.
Wished I kept that scope. It was a good one 👍

I've been to the range once so far. Seems to be holding up well in the sighting in process. elevation/windage turrets have a solid click. A few more range sessions will tell.

I do miss the diamond reticule of my cheapo Simmons!

Last edited:
I had an old Tasco, Japan made 2.5 circle X scope on a turkey gun, which I sold some years back.
Wished I kept that scope. It was a good one 👍
We used the old Tasco circle x scopes on a few sidelocks years ago and they were pretty good scopes! I think my dad still has a few of em around. My first inline muzzleloader was a Optima Pro and I put a Bushnell Trophy 1.75x4x32 circle x on it. I still have that scope! Love the circle X!

The old Jap made Tascos are VERY good glass - they were $500+ scopes when new. I've got a 8-32 w/ target dot crosshair doing service on my 10/22 build.

My next planned scope purchase is a low power variable with adjustable objective or side focus - I'm interested in the Mueller 2-7x but I think it is discontinued, but Vortex has a similar model at a similar price.

congrats. How is the dusk time viewing on that? Im going through searches for scopes on my muzzy and a cz 22 mag. Best scope i ever had for crucial lighting was a simmons 6x40. Too back we cant get weaver 4x38 and 6x38's anymore. decided on leupold 3-9 rimfire for the CZ.

However, Ive looked through a vortex diamond 1.75-5x32 i was very impressed with. which is similar to yours

congrats. How is the dusk time viewing on that? Im going through searches for scopes on my muzzy and a cz 22 mag. Best scope i ever had for crucial lighting was a simmons 6x40. Too back we cant get weaver 4x38 and 6x38's anymore. decided on leupold 3-9 rimfire for the CZ.

However, Ive looked through a vortex diamond 1.75-5x32 i was very impressed with. which is similar to yours
I put a Leupold VX Freedom ultimate slam on my Accura V2 Lr and the lighting at dawn and dusk is great!

what is the power of your ultimate slam i did look an ultimate today and a hunt plex in 3-9 very clear. i think i start another thread as to not hijak any further

Sorry but I never saw your question earlier. It's a 3x9x40. I've had it for 3 years now and it's a good scope. Very clear and it picks up light at dawn and dusk very good! I haven't really tried using the multiple reticle very much though. I sighted the top for 50yds and the center is dead on at 100yds. That's the farthest I've shot with the accura V2 so far.

I've got a Bushnell Trophy 1.75×4
×32 on my Optima pro and it's been a great little scope! Love the circle x reticle!

Latest posts

Back