New TC Renegade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Seeing Offshore’s Old Renegade in the Classifieds made me think of a Couple of mine that i stil haven’t touched, a .50 and .54, Both STIL Brand New unfired, Old Pre Warning Guns ;) Gotta love an Old Renegade :lewis:

Hard to find one any nicer than This, and a 3 Digit Serial Number to Boot.
Q8V5GEL.jpg

CrD9XlM.jpg

EJapY5p.jpg

I appreciate the fact that TC made more than just a few. The Renegade is a great “workhorse” rifle. I’ve been a fortunate owner for over 40 yrs. I hope whoever inherites mine will show it the respect it deserves.D4DF098E-738F-4B77-A2E1-58C7D50E57F2.jpeg

That is a BEAUTIFUL Old Rifle herschel! Yours looks to have a lot of figure in the wood, Something you don’t see a lot of in the Renegades, It’s pretty common in the Hawken’s as they were the “Fancy” End, But not so much with the Renegades as they were the “Workhorse” But every now and then you see one with REALLY Nice wood, And it appears you have one of them :lewis:

This is something i wish i could find, They made a Certain amount of Laminate Stocks. I would love to Have one for the Durability factor. I have read conflicting info on these, That very few were made (Very small armload) And others say they have seen several over the years, So who really knows? I wish Boyd’s would offer a Laminate, i would own a Few!
vQg6sFx.jpg

I have seen MANY Cracked/Broken Hawken Stocks, 99% of them through the Wrist area. It is a Chance we take When Shooting Bullets, and heavy powder Charges. The Laminate Stock above would Solve that. I run the Lock screws just Snug on all of mine, I have read where many claim over tightening of the Cross/Lock Screw can contribute to a Cracked Stock? I go til they are Just Snug, then ad about a 1/4 turn, just enough so I know it wont come loose. I have Shot some STOUT Loads in my Guns, I’ve never had any Problems/issues :lewis:

That’s the first laminate stock I have saw, didn’t know there was any existed. I learned something new today.

Back