New to black powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyoung311

Reaction score
I am Chuck from Phoenix, AZ and Oro Valley, AZ (my business is located in Phoenix so I am an Over-The-Road commuter?). Just bought a Diablo and have never done black powder except for the Colt Burgess .44-40 lever action that my dad had, and even then it was with copper cartridges that he had from

The Diablo is a double-barrel pistol grip shotgun. American Gun Craft. Sounds pretty cool but I just got notified that mine has shipped (it really does take about 8 weeks from ordering).

I'll try to record some audio so you can hear it shooting. Seriously, youtube.com has several videos on the Diablo using different loads and different shot sizes

I joined this site to learn what I am getting into with a black powder muzzleloader shotgun. I am assuming that I will need to buy powder, shot, and wadding. What about primers? I've heard some talk about primers but what will I need and what else would be a good idea? Maybe a powder horn with a leather lanyard and a raccoon skin hat?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

I don't know what kind of ignition system you have?
209 primers are scarce these days. # 11 or musket caps are available but you have to search around for them.

Back