New to in-lines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnnhntr

Reaction score
I have been shooting muzzleloaders for about 50 years and currently hunt with a flintlock, but am considering an inline for those days when the weather is wet. I live in Colorado where a muzzleloader has to use open sights, loose powder, and bore-size projectiles. I am hoping you all can help steer me towards an inline that doesn't look too modern (a wood stock and blued steel), but will help keep my powder dry. I remember seeing the H&R Huntsman when I was a kid and presume something like that would fit the bill.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
Traditions muzzleloaders has a Pursuit G4 model with a wood stock, not sure how it's setup for sights though.
Those old H & R Huntsman guns come up for sale every now and then, in fact one of the members here just posted yesterday that he picked one up recently.
Generally speaking, most inlines are plastic stocked, which is probably better for wet conditions anyway.
Good luck in your search and good hunting.

If you can find one might I suggest a White rifle made by Doc White. They are no longer in production, but will fit the Colorado regs with open sights, open ignition and shoot bore size conicals super accurate. Most of mine have laminate stocks, or myrtle wood, but they do come in B&C stocks also. They are old school plunger guns that take a #11 cap or musket cap, Doc does sell a 209 kit, but its not needed. I will never sell mine, finally found a gun I really like and they are game killers no doubt!!
http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/

To my eye, a Knight MK-85 with a walnut stock is about as traditional looking as an inline gets.

I shot my first muzzleloader deer with that rifle. Or, one like it. The breechplug had an o-ring and pulled out just like a shotgun shell would. Easiest rifle to clean I've ever owned.

Latest posts

Back