New to site

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scauper

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Gary (aka "scauper") started out muzzle loading back in the mid 80's when I purchased a T/C .54 kit gun from a friend. I think it was 98 or 99 Christmas my girlfriend bought me a Knight MK-85 .50 cal with a Leupold Vari-X II 2x7. My most accurate load was 100 grs Goex 2F underneath a Barnes 300 gr MZ bullet. I recently have switched to Triple 7 as I got tired of being chased away from the kitchen sink and the complaints of stinking up the house . I dropped down to 90 grs 777 and the same bullet which gave me a 3 shot .75" group +2" tdc @50 yds which will be good enough for the upcoming Ohio muzzleloader season.
I have been considering purchasing a 10ML II and going smokless as I am tired of all the hassles with cleaning up after every shooting session.
I love to hunt especially waterfowl, bow hunt and am an avid Trap, Skeet and SC shooter. I look forward to conversing with you all on this site.

Welcome to the forum Gary. :D Your on the right thinking track about smokeless. Pick you up a Savage, the accuracy and quality can't be beat and no clean up hassels. :wink:

Welcome, Gary

Great guys and info here for BOTH smoke and smokeless. :wink:

Latest posts

Back