New to this Forum

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am not new to muzzleloading, but new to this forum. I have been a member of the Traditional Muzlleloader forum for quite some time, but had to move here to discuss more modern guns. I have over the past couple years come to appreciate my scoped TC Encore 209x50 so much that I bought a 2nd one to use for open sights only. These are, so far, the most accurate and predictable muzzleloaders I have ever shot. I have acquired another modern underhammer target rifle modeled after the Brockway/Pope era that I will be posting questions and updates that can be posted on this forum.
I have already gleaned a lot from skimming topics. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I am not new to muzzleloading, but new to this forum. I have been a member of the Traditional Muzlleloader forum for quite some time, but had to move here to discuss more modern guns. I have over the past couple years come to appreciate my scoped TC Encore 209x50 so much that I bought a 2nd one to use for open sights only. These are, so far, the most accurate and predictable muzzleloaders I have ever shot. I have acquired another modern underhammer target rifle modeled after the Brockway/Pope era that I will be posting questions and updates that can be posted on this forum.
I have already gleaned a lot from skimming topics. Thanks!
Welcome from Wyoming! I have 3 switch barrel underhammers and am currently building a HB "Bench" UH but a slow project since trapping season is starting up........Trader AKA Mossie

Thank you all for the welcome! I was looking for somewhere in my profile to put my location, but did not see it. Just FYI, I am in Western Connecticut.

Help needed. I shoot a traditional blackpowder rifle and had purchased an Thompson Center encore XT on line rifle in 50 cal. I want to try shooting some Hornady .490 round ball and some conicals. I assume I still need to wet & lubed patch the round ball and use a felt lubed wad on the conical? The rifle is a magnum rated for 150 gr Blackpower. My normal target charge I use for my Thompson .50 and .54 is 60 grains of FFg. any ideas for a decent load For my on line Encore? I love shooting my blackpower rifles but sabots are expensive. I am a senior and on a fixed income and love shooting and usually shoot 15-20 rounds of round ball once a week.I would appreciate any advice or helpful hints.

Latest posts

Back