New with Questions - Original Knight D.I.S.C

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well im trying to figure out exactly what needs machining because ive compared my Elite bolt to a Mountaineer bare primer bolt. Both fit my DISC and i dont see where the difference could be.

I cant imagine why a Extreme conversion bolt would need anything. Its MADE to convert a DISC to an Extreme. Its drop in ready. Thats the entire point of the conversion kit.

Cant they just send out this bolt body?...They told me they can for around $61.
https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product/disc-extreme-muzzleloader-conversion-kit/
The DISC Extreme Full Plastic Jacket Muzzleloader Conversion Kit converts your Knight Original Disc to our Full Plastic Jacket ignition system.

Knight's concern is with the older Orange Plastic Jackets that you might want to use with the DISC Original and keep the original breech plug. They indicate you would need to remove the lip around the end of the bolt. If you are using Red Plastic Jackets and breech plug - no problem.

Yep, That is correct. One has to indicate if it is for the orange disc type.
They; Knight, remove the small amount of metal at the rear before it ships.

Re the conversation about possible mod to the bolt, I have an example of that issue. I received a conversion bolt from Knight that doesn't fit my original disc. You can see the raised "collar" that prevents the bolt from entering the breech area. It obviously needs machining to remove it. Need to give them a call tomorrow.

Attachments

• 15858718976701902734398677537174.jpg
    15858718976701902734398677537174.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 22
When I talked with them they told me to note that it was for an original Orange Disc. I’m waiting to do this summer and buy the LeHigh add-one

10-4 on that. Fyi, I contacted them via email, and made it clear I had an original disc rifle using orange discs or primer holders. The attached pic shows what I was sent. O'well..

Attachments

• 15859179772534849468125853838831.jpg
    15859179772534849468125853838831.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 21
You could use a bare primer plug. You’d just have to manually insert & remove the primer.

I am way behind in this discussion but I would like to add some thoughts.

I have 3 Original DISC's that I have converted to NFPJ (Bare Primer) ignition. Two of them are Super DISC's and one is a really older 50 cal with 22" barrel

These were converted by removing the original bolt, hammer assembly and the breech plug. You can use the Original DISC "C tool" hammer assembly but I chose to use the newer DISC Extreme hammer assembly. I also chose to stay with FPJ bolt assembly and the Lehigh Pimer Adapter, and the Lehigh Bare Primer Breech plug and removable vent liner.

With all the parts in place the old Super DISC for all intents is now DISC Extreme with bare primer ignition

Clean-Breech-10-Shots.jpg

FPJ bolt nose with Bare Primer Breech plug and Primer Adapter

Composite2.jpg

I assume of of this has been discussed but thought I would drop this information in

Back