Newb DWB looking for parts/info

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treenerd

Reaction score
So a fellow co-worker gifted me a G-Series Whitetail, in .504 with a 22" stainless bbl. With it came 2 weights of different White brand bullets, but i'm sure i'll need more soon. I've been running 3F 777, with No. 11 caps and the smaller weight bullet (cant remember the weight at the moment), but this thing is a tack driver with the Williams aperture sight at 100 yards. Dang this thing is fun to shoot! I'd love to harvest a deer with the irons before getting a scope, but then i'll be ready to move on to a scope. My eyes don't partner well with the aperture sight in a hunting scenario. I want this to be my go to rifle for muzzleloader season (and likely regular rifle season) from here on out. Everything about this rifle is top quality components, but i think im preaching to the choir. The trigger is sweet, and the stock just feels right. I've been reading this forum trying to glean some info on what everyone is using (powder, charges, boolits, etc) and cant wait to experiment at the range.

It came without the little part that holds the ramrod in place, and in haste i used electrical tape as a rig-job, and lost my ramrod last weekend on a five mile walk through the public woods. So: i'm looking for some quality bullets/sabots and/or a mold, a ramrod retention thingy, and a new ramrod. I guess i also need scope base. Is there a good website where i can get all of this? I guess i could make the ramrod but where is a good place to get the parts?

Yeah thats good stuff! Ive known about Whites for years, and have searched this forum and graybeard etc a lot among others. Was hoping to be able to just order online. I guess i assumed his website wasn't up to date because it doesn't have an option to purchase online. I'll try to reach out to him. Hoping to get this all done in time for some hunting this season.

I'll check back for more comments. The thought of using regular black powder with the white rifle also intrigues me.

I just started using real black in mine and it does wonderfully, before that I had a little better accuracy with Pyro Select RS than I did with 777. Are you talking about the little spring inside the stock that's missing, or the ramrod guide on the barrel. I have fastened the spring for my Renegade out of a piece of metal banding.

I just started using real black in mine and it does wonderfully, before that I had a little better accuracy with Pyro Select RS than I did with 777. Are you talking about the little spring inside the stock that's missing, or the ramrod guide on the barrel. I have fastened the spring for my Renegade out of a piece of metal banding.

I used real blackpowder in my Ole Super 91 the few times i shot it. But you know me, I’m a Real Blackpowder guy :) It works AWESOME in inline Rifles, even the Newest of New. It makes for a Nastier mess to Clean up, but that’s just Part of Muzzleloading for me :lewis:

I'm back to update you guys that i emailed Doc, and within minutes he had replied. I'll have some cool gear on the way soon, and cant wait to dig deeper into this new obsession. I do own a lee melting pot and all the safety gear for casting my own, but haven't delved into that yet. Perhaps when i run out of the bullets and sabots i can go that route. Hoping to update you guys with some target pics or even better a deer pic in the next few weeks.

Back