Newbie from Oz.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty Rhodes

Reaction score
Hi all,

just a short introduction...........

Been in Black Powder Rifle for about 12 years now and really enjoy A couple of days a week at the Club.
Havn't done any hunting with the B/P for a while but that will change soon.
Was strictly Muzzle load for the first 9 years then ventured into BPCR which I also enjoy.
Had a Pedersoli Alamo .50 as my first percussion, then added a Kit Longrifle flinter in .40, .58 Zoli Zouaffe and then built a .50
left handed Flinter. Currently doing a re-barrel on a .50 Lyman Deerstalker which I found pretty cheap at the Club.
It was a problem child for both the original owner and me so it will become a .40 fast twist.
Looking forward to chatting and learning from you guys.

Cheers Dusty Rhodes.

Welcome to the forum. Its great to have you here. You have some nice looking rifles there.

Welcome! Very nice looking collection you have!

Thanks guys,

I hope there are some 'old style' Muzzle loaders here.

Some of the names of your firearms, I haven't even heard of. :huh?: You are so lucky, life as a shooter in Oz is a bit hard. :wall:
Looking forward to learning more about them.

DR.

Welcome to the forum Dusty, Glad you found us!

This forum don't discriminate, we like all muzzleloaders here, even the ones that don't smoke! :lol:
Check out the Sidlelock Forum for the more traditional ML's.

We also love to hear for fellow ML shooters from the other side of the world too. :yeah: We have at least one other member from over there. JPHunting gives us plenty of Pictures of the game you all have over there to drool over.

I too have a T/C Omega 50 cal. loved it from the moment I picked it up. Kind of Rifle that just feels right in my hands, and once I shot it there was no doubt I had found the one for me. Have heard both good and not so good comments about T/C, as far as I'm concerned they make damn fine muzzleloaders. Guy at the club I belong to had a Pro Hunter which he let me fire also a nice piece but prefer mine..

Welcome to the group popz, good to have you join in.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Back