Nice surprise this morning.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When the Mrs. Got up this morning, she went to the fridge to grab the coffee creamer and discovered that our less than 4 year old refrigerator stopped working.
What a mess. We had maybe 10 to 12 pounds of various meats in the freezer section, pork chops and ribs along with about 5 pounds of beef burger and a small 2 pound venison roast from last year.
It was all thawed out. I ended up cooking all that meat for the dogs. They're happy 😊

When the Mrs. Got up this morning, she went to the fridge to grab the coffee creamer and discovered that our less than 4 year old refrigerator stopped working.
What a mess. We had maybe 10 to 12 pounds of various meats in the freezer section, pork chops and ribs along with about 5 pounds of beef burger and a small 2 pound venison roast from last year.
It was all thawed out. I ended up cooking all that meat for the dogs. They're happy 😊
Dang it man. That does suck. I'm sorry for all the food loss & the cost of a new frig or repairman. On the bright side, the doggie buffet had to be nice for them.

I had that happen in 2020, freezer started to go. It was a Kenmore over 40 years old. I saved all the contents, just refroze the venison, it was still cold, most still frozen. PIA to say the least, not to mention trying to find one then. Now have a new Frigidaire that only has one year warranty, hoping for much more!

If there's a possible positive side, you just reminded me I've been wanting to buy a freezer thermometer alarm for my basement chest freezer. It is now ordered.

They don’t make them like they used to. We had one for over thirty years when I was a youngster. Now I’m in my seventies seems like I’ve replaced the last two every ten years or less. Technology sucks.

Isn’t that the Truth. The New Refrigerant, Energy Efficiency & COVID Built SUCKS! I just had a Freezer go out after just 9 Months 😡 It was fixed under Warranty but having to scramble to Salvage All the Precious Game Meat was a Serious Hassle!

If there's a possible positive side, you just reminded me I've been wanting to buy a freezer thermometer alarm for my basement chest freezer. It is now ordered.
We had a small chest freezer quit on us many years ago.
I can still smell the order of spoiled meat, chicken and fish.
It was also in the basement.
Don't know how many days it was out.

Dang man, that was a bad deal

Back