Nikon Monarch 5

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
Natchez has the Nikon Monarch 5 in 2 to 10 BDC for $207, had been $550.

As good as this Cheap Pro Staff Scope has been for me, I am semi tempted to get another Nikon before they are Gone, BUT i keep thinking about the Long Run, What’s a Guy gonna do if they Break?

Has anyone reached out to Nikon to see what they say should a scope become broken

Apparently they are going to warranty them but for how long who knows. That said i did pick up a pro staff plex 2x7 i needed for a hunt. Worked out well with a nice late season whitetail in freezer. Out of the 5 i have i have never needed to send one back.

The thing that always concerned my about Nikon is the super high number of refurbs you see on Natchez. They outnumber all other brands combined by a huge margin. Look for a model you dont see as a refurb. You dont see as many Monarch 5s or M5s.

Just be aware you can get similar quality or better that still has a company standing behind it. Such as the Weaver Classic Extreme for $219 or a Grand Slam for $260.

Apparently they are going to warranty them but for how long who knows. That said i did pick up a pro staff plex 2x7 i needed for a hunt. Worked out well with a nice late season whitetail in freezer. Out of the 5 i have i have never needed to send one back.

That’s what i have heard as well, and I’m sure it was on here. there has to be a Point where their Scope Warranty becomes no good anymore.

The thing that always concerned my about Nikon is the super high number of refurbs you see on Natchez. They outnumber all other brands combined by a huge margin. Look for a model you dont see as a refurb. You dont see as many Monarch 5s or M5s.

Just be aware you can get similar quality or better that still has a company standing behind it. Such as the Weaver Classic Extreme for $219 or a Grand Slam for $260.

I agree on the Refurbished stuff, That has always bothered me! I use to get a List of Nikon Scopes for Sale, Option of New, or Refurbished, the Refurb list was LOOOOONG, You could anything they made Refurbished. Refurbished was probably a Safer bet than new? I don’t know what to say about all of it? All I know is i have a Cheap Pro Staff on the HARDEST kicking Rifle i own, My Hollow Synthetic Stocked 300 Win Mag, And it Holds Zero like a ROCK. This .300 Kicks Harder, in a more Violent Manner (if that makes sense?) Than ANY of my Muzzleloaders. This Rifle will DUMP the Floorplate Quite often from Recoil. This Particular Nikon Pro Staff has been TOUGH so far, it HAS to be to Withstand the Recoil from this Thing, This rifle is right on the Thresh-hold of what i can Hang in there and Tolerate for Recoil, I don’t like to Shoot it much
6cChqIdl.jpg

K6jxvp5l.jpg

V5uYLoGl.jpg

Guys have been putting the Classic Extremes on some hard kickers and overall they are holding up well. The 2.5x10x50 is $219 at Natchez....I bet the Monarch 5 has nicer glass but....for $260 the Grand Slam is probably right there with it.

Guys have been putting the Classic Extremes on some hard kickers and overall they are holding up well. The 2.5x10x50 is $219 at Natchez....I bet the Monarch 5 has nicer glass but....for $260 the Grand Slam is probably right there with it.

It would be tough to spend 200 Plus Dollars on a Scope that you know is no longer gonna be made, and no telling how long they will Warranty It? Because of that, I would look at the Weaver :lewis: They have been around forever, I Remember my Grandfather having 2 of them, I shot his Old Win 70 .30-06 Rifle with a Fixed 4 Power Weaver many times over the Years, That Rifle would Shoot 1 Hole if you did your Part, So that meant the Ole Weaver did it’s as well :lewis:

I remember the last time i shot Grandpa’s Ole Rifle, it was 100 Yards at a Friends House, About 12 years ago. They we’re Shooting Revolvers out of the Back of the Shop, I was set up out in the Front Yard Shooting Across to the Back Property line, One of the Guy’s in the Shop was Watching my Target with a Spotting Scope and Calling my Shots, 1st Shot he yelled ABOUT 1” HIGH Directly above the Bull, the Next 4 Shots he Called MISS after each Shot? I knew Better ;) It was probably Shot 3 When he Yelled, You better go look at that! Something is Wrong? I continued on and Finished the 5 Shot Group, All 5 Shots were in a Dime. I miss That Old Gun. My Grandpa bought it Brand New at our Local Hardware Store, I believe Early 40s

Just be aware you can get similar quality or better that still has a company standing behind it. Such as the Weaver Classic Extreme for $219 or a Grand Slam for $260.[/QUOTE]

Weaver doesn't stand behind there scopes anymore ,see my post about bushnell taking over their warranty

Weaver doesn't stand behind there scopes anymore ,see my post about bushnell taking over their warranty[/QUOTE]

I just looked this up, you are correct :lewis: I didn’t know this til now?

Weaver Optics
Bushnell Outdoor Products
Attn: Repairs
9200 Cody
Overland Park, KS 66217

Latest posts

Back