Nikon scopes........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 1 Nikon Scope, a Cheap Buck Masters 4-12 BDC, It sits Atop my .300 Win Mag, By FAR the Hardest Kicking Rifle i own, This Scope has Held ZERO like a ROCK So far :lewis: I am not Crazy about Nikon’s BDC Reticle, But the Scope is CRYSTAL Clear, and Functions Flawlessly. I paid 75 bucks for it at Cabelas in their Bargain Cave, the Scope was an under Counter Display Model and they Had misplaced the Box for it. I ordered 1 more Just like it, EXCEPT i went with the MOA Reticle, It was an AWESOME Scope as well, But i lost it in a Trade. I have NOTHING Bad to Say about Nikon, My Experiences have been good with them :lewis:

One thing i pay attention to at places like Natchez....What brand have tons of refurbs....Burris and Nikon have tons of them on Natchez. Probably 80% of all refurbs are from them.

My Omega 3x9x40 has held up good but i really dont like the Nikon BDC. It will be up for sale after i get my scopes moved around.

One thing i pay attention to at places like Natchez....What brand have tons of refurbs....Burris and Nikon have tons of them on Natchez. Probably 80% or all refurbs are from them.

I see that, that is one reason i was always hesitant about buying a Nikon, but at my 75 Dollar deal i was ok with trying it. And I said, it has Held Zero like ROCK to a BRUTAL Recoiling .300 WIN Mag, FAR Harsher than my Knight Mountaineer with BIG Lead. This .300 Kicks hard enough to Dump the Floor Plate from Time to Time, I had to Replace the Latch Spring with a Much Stiffer one than the Factory Spring, This .300 is GNARLY! But shoots Bug Holes :)

One thing i read about these Cheaper Nikon Buck Masters is the O-Ring Behind the Objective Glass coming loose, Time will tell?

Some of the Comments are the Rifle he had it on (HK Semi auto) The Bolt Slamming Forward being a “Scope Killer” Regardless, this guy has had some Problems with Durability

I have a Nikon that I have used to try rifles and muzzle loaders It is still going strong no problems got iy on an Omega I just got When it craps out I guess I will just toss it is Nikon still making scopes?

I have a Nikon that I have used to try rifles and muzzle loaders It is still going strong no problems got iy on an Omega I just got When it craps out I guess I will just toss it is Nikon still making scopes?

Sounds like they are exiting the Scope business?

Price is the relative factor...How much $$$ are you willing to gamble. They got some nice Monarchs for way way less than list price. Probably be a great deal on a 308 or similar recoiling round. Watch for the price on them Tacticals to plummet too.

As long as you can get nice scopes for $300-$400 why risk it?....You can get a VX3i right now for $299. Im not seeing much at the current sale pricing that would sway me over the Loopie.

Price is the relative factor...How much $$$ are you willing to gamble. They got some nice Monarchs for way way less than list price. Probably be a great deal on a 308 or similar recoiling round. Watch for the price on them Tacticals to plummet too.

As long as you can get nice scopes for $300-$400 why risk it?....You can get a VX3i right now for $299. Im not seeing much at the current sale pricing that would sway me over the Loopie.

If I were in the Market and didn’t get the SWFA, it would be a Leupold, That’s from a Lifetime of POSITIVE experience owning them, I have owned a TRUCK LOAD of Leupolds over the years. I was a Buy, Sell, Trade Guy all of my Life, up until i moved here 9 Years ago, I was Horrible about loosing my Scopes in Trades, I would trade for a Nicer rifle, and have to give up my Scope, and/or Cash for the Difference, it was a VICIOUS Cycle for MANY MANY Years :wall: :D I can’t even begin to Remember how Many Leupolds i have owned over the years??? It was a LOT! And in ALL of that time i had 1 Leupold VX-1 or 2 Fail, and it did so right out of the Box Brand new, Leupold Replaced it Immediately, no questions asked.

VX3 was the Highest end i owned, I mostly had VX-1s and 2s, i Don’t Know ANYTHING about Leupold’s New stuff? I see they have some RIDICULOUSLY Expensive Scopes these Days! I almost bought an Old, But Brand New Leupold Mark 4 LR Scope back when I bought the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50, I wish i had Went Leupold Mark 4, But I wouldn’t Own this Nightforce if i had done that

I personally like Nikon/Burris scope nice and bright and hold zero/track well. I had a SWFA 10 mil dot scope and loved it except it was heavy and you couldn't hear any clicks when adjusting it, but for the money they are a awesome scope especially if just for targets/long range shooting.. carrying around on a hunting rifle not so much. The one Leupold VXII 4x12x40 I had I liked my Burris and Nikons better, I do have a old Leupold M8 3X with the tiny dot reticle that I like a lot.

:wall: I have all Nikon scopes, I love the 5 inches of eye relief. I did have a ProStaff 5 3.5-14x40 do the same thing with the Objective o-ring, it was replaced under warranty early this year. I guess I'll see what the future brings:bang:

Latest posts

Back