NM bans scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maryland allows optics during the muzzleloader season but not during the extra traditional muzzleloader season. I put a peep sight with a fiber optic light tube on mine. Accurate for me at fifty yards and under…but not in low light in the blind.

I hate macro management of a public resource. Makes far more sense to impose something like a projectile restriction in certain zones. Just like we can get more or less tags in some zones or managed hunts. Sad part is, Colorado has enforced these things for ages and they still have less animals available to hunt than NM.

Now you got guys that may have spent $1000s on optics they can no longer use anywhere in the state.

I hate macro management of a public resource. Makes far more sense to impose something like a projectile restriction in certain zones. Just like we can get more or less tags in some zones or managed hunts. Sad part is, Colorado has enforced these things for ages and they still have less animals available to hunt than NM.

Now you got guys that may have spent $1000s on optics they can no longer use anywhere in the state.
From an enforcement standpoint I would imagine that restrictions that are easily discernible are favored. VT doesn’t allow SML’s but if someone wanted to use smokeless powder in a rifle like a Woodman Arms, who would ever know?

Colorado has been no pellets or sabots for ages.....Who would ever know right? They have an exemption for vision impaired too. The whole point is statewide macro management is a fuster cluck idea. You would get better results as far as increasing numbers by managing each zone or hunt according to population and hunting pressure.

Its like saying each managed hunt where i live should have the same quota because the state says so instead of the agents that manage those areas. If i dont like the regs at the area i hunt i can apply for another area.

Latest posts

Back