NMLRA In-line Hunter match video

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No production class needed with shooter classifications.
Knights and any other mfg can compete with any custom in this match and WIN- that has been proven by the past matches/scores.

fishhawk2700 above is correct about risk, but Knight took the risk from the start - learned and offered new production rifles from what they learned..

Still no recent "official" sponsorship or factory support.

IMO, who cares if factory shooters show up to compete. You all would be better off without them. If they showed and won people would be bitchin' about unlimited resources, custom shop rifles, blah, blah, blah.

The shoot as it stands is well run, competitive, fair, and friendly. NMLRA, organizers, shooters, keep up the good work.

Many of the production rifles will shoot the 170 score in this match if shooter does his part and spends time developing the proper load and practices.
I know for a fact a factory tc omega posted a 170 with alot of x's.

Also know a small town guy can build a rifle and compete at the top. So it baffles me that a true gun manufacturer with unlimited resources can't bring a rifle to friendship and shot the match rules and do well.

I usually don't do this but i would love to have cva and others bring there equipment to friendship indiana and enjoy a day of shooting and friendly competition.
I love to compete and enjoy the fellowship while always trying to beat myself.

Thanks Jeff Fisk

You may also note, I’ve yet to see the manufacturers (big 5) promoting these matches on social media, although at the SHOT & NRA they’ve been asked to do so in a effort to promote ML shooting in general as an FYI.
Actually, I would guess it’s true for many on here as well. If so, thanks. If not, why?

Last edited:
You may also note, I’ve yet to see the manufacturers (big 5) promoting these matches on social media, although at the SHOT & NRA they’ve been asked to do so in a effort to promote ML shooting as an FYI.
Actually, I would guess it’s true for many on here as well. If so, thanks. If not, why?

I posted Bob's match in a lot of spots, including a number of FB sites. I especially hit CVA attempting to get some of their "pro-staff" there. All CVA did was ***** about how their rifle (Paramount) required a maximum charge above what was allowable, therefore they declined to attend. They kept saying that if they were allowed to shoot the charges that their rifle was designed for, then they would likely attend.
I don't think that the manufacturers really understand how the shoots are ran and I believe they may decline after all the custom presentations they see. If they understood that they wouldn't be competing against custom rifles and just among production rifles, maybe?
CVA, IMO, missed a golden opportunity by not making Bob's match. A win in either sharpshooter or expert classes would be free publicity.

None of them have made any attempt to promote the match.
CVA didn’t attend before the Paramount..
Here is my conversation with 4 of their staff.
June 2019.
106A2FF2-8CF7-41DB-A411-C26F59D73E5D.jpeg
The last response: June 2019
9846FFB7-C7A7-4D3D-951B-410199E4CEA3.jpeg

You can lead a horse to water, but can’t make him drink...

Remington was no different when they introduced their UML in 2015.

That’s why Knight has won more Championships than all other mfg combined.

Last edited:
I think it's like someone already said, the major manufacturers are risk averse to this competition.

Instead of being run by people that shoot muzzleloading rifles, these companies are run by corporate, suit and tie, bean counter, and advertising-minded people.

All they see is the down side to the competition as far as publicity is concerned. None of them are looking at the competition as a form of R & D to make their product better, nor as a way to show the superiority of their product vs the competitions gun.

And, they all seem to want an edge that no one else has before they will compete.

No but there is another side bad mouth them and you may never see them, no one has attempted to allow them to shoot rifles as designed to be shot. You can't tell them to tear it down and come shoot against custom built. Also some got dumped on bad during the last go around

don't care what you said above , why would they want to write a letter that is just another restriction!!! How about maybe we could manage something

It would be an exception to the rules.
One exception means other exceptions. Then the customs could go back to 140 gr blackhorn.:) etc etc where would it end.
how about a manufacturer match with loads that are manufacture approved , no customs , no modifications . Just stock out of the box guns shooting the recommended loads .A manufacture should be interested in that . I know i would . Then the paramount could compete as built . The k500 could compete as built, etc . No customs, no guns that require ffl etc.
i would attend a match like that . Then if a manufacturer can' t compete they need to step up their game or end up eating dust .
they could still say " hey we are better than Traditions" at least :):)

i will bring a White Super 91 .

One exception means other exceptions. Then the customs could go back to 140 gr blackhorn.:) etc etc where would it end.
how about a manufacturer match with loads that are manufacture approved , no customs , no modifications . Just stock out of the box guns shooting the recommended loads .A manufacture should be interested in that . I know i would . Then the paramount could compete as built . The k500 could compete as built, etc . No customs, no guns that require ffl etc.
i would attend a match like that . Then if a manufacturer can' t compete they need to step up their game or end up eating dust .

It was ‘mass produced hunting rifle’ for quite a few years - a formal request to the organization was made last fall to allow customs and approved.
Classifications allow any shooter/rifle to compete..see everyone in September.

Last edited:

And the result would be the knight 500 and a dedicated shooter would dominate this event.

Classifications of the shooter is the proper way in my opinion.

And this match is certainly not a Bestill Creations match just turns out since my very first match at friendship I have stuck with it and supported the decision made and have shot according to the rules and have been blessed to compete at a high level and I believe competitive shooters have seen this.
Every builder and manufacturer can come and shoot at any event .
We all would openly welcome that.

Every custom I build is capable of shooting a much higher charge but isn't necessary to shoot accurately and meet the requirements of match.

Doesn't take a custom rifle to be competitive in this event but certainly makes it more enjoyable.

Also September is a national championship event and I guess I would expect the best of the best would be on the firing line.

Or we could give everybody the same rifle and shoot a match to make it all even that seems boring to me.

If you have any of the manufacturers show, I would agree with Chet. make a separate division for them. The reason behind this thinking is when you have someone who shows up to shoot that collects a paycheck at the end of the week for doing so, it no longer becomes "friendly". In some cases he (or she) would be shooting for their job. When the "pros" show up and I would consider anyone paid directly from the mfg or officially sponsored by the mfg, the whole complexion of the event will change. That's why you you see a lot of different sports have a pro/am set up. I am speaking from experience. I will butt out of this thread. I don't participate in the shoot and normally I would not have commented, just felt a need in this case.

If you have any of the manufacturers show, I would agree with Chet. make a separate division for them. The reason behind this thinking is when you have someone who shows up to shoot that collects a paycheck at the end of the week for doing so, it no longer becomes "friendly". In some cases he (or she) would be shooting for their job. When the "pros" show up and I would consider anyone paid directly from the mfg or officially sponsored by the mfg, the whole complexion of the event will change. That's why you you see a lot of different sports have a pro/am set up. I am speaking from experience. I will butt out of this thread. I don't participate in the shoot and normally I would not have commented, just felt a need in this case.
Exactly what I was thinking .

Still seeing a lot of updated 700ML's in the video. Happy about that.
And for those who may not know, I'm not refering to the newer 700 Ultimate ML.

Latest posts

Back