NMLRA??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well you spoke your piece , sorry that is your idea of NMLRA but what you state is wrong but nothing said will change your mind and that in itself is why things are the way they are. Everyone including NMLRA , see things the same way and NMLRA will not solely exist for only Inlines. I know this because I got them to start the Matches again. I can't replace 80 years of muzzle loading by myself over night. It takes people to join to change things. To me muzzle loading is all muzzle loading
you are correct on amount that will make Friendship . Good luck with your Match

............. You might want to go back and read my 1st post on this topic, #4 in specific.
You mentioned your CVA Wolf - let me know what CVA says when you ask them why they are not promoting the NMLRA?

I believe your first post was actually #9, not #4 which was mine.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think you'll find that most firearm manufacturers, not just muzzleloaders, rarely promote other objectives. Some do promote the NRA and the NRA provides the literature for them to do so.

If the NMLRA provided a small note/card to all the muzzleloader manufacturers, they might include it with the owner's manual packet. However, knowing something about business, even sticking a small card in an owner's manual packet adds time and labor costs. Some may absorb it, others may not.
Now some may think that its not a big deal, nor should there be any cost for someone to just stuff a card. I can tell you for fact, that even spending 1/64 of a PENNY at GM, required an entire approval process, which sometimes included vice presidents. Value added labor/time is extremely important to all manufacturers and they expect a return on their labor costs.

Five years ago, Bob and I discussed some of SuperKirby's questions/suggestions over the phone. It appears that the questions always came back around to, 'How do we make people more aware and how to draw more people to the matches?' Bob had a lot of great suggestions back then, heck I might have had one or two myself. I myself have shot muzzleloaders since 1973 and until I bought my Ultimate from Ken, I'd never heard of the NMLRA or Friendship, IN. I also remember years ago, having Pa Keeler help me a couple times and he never mentioned the NMLRA.

What I .. "think".. I might know, is that more advertisement and awareness is needed, but it starts with the NMLRA. I'm a member of many state's major outdoor forums/sites and have yet to see the NMLRA promote themselves on any of those sites. It requires change. The shooters/hunters are out there. Social media isn't the answer.
If one constantly works to save and continue only the ways they have now, they will all fade in the future if the future is not prepared for.

From my 1st post on this topic - #4 in specific.

DCACF5AF-8B3E-444B-AABB-FED5D69F969E.jpeg

Traditions in the past 2 years or so has been the only mfg to be receptive to any support ideas. They are the only mfg making both in-line and Traditional style rifles.

What makes this even more bizarre - we specifically tell each that we (NMLRA) do not want any monetary support, just 2-way support promoting ML.

Last edited:
Its not the ML community as a whole who is responsible. Its not the manufacturers who are responsible. The responsibility of awareness, increased interest and participation lies completely with the NMLRA.

Of course the muzzleloader manufacturers are going to promote themselves, they're businesses and in the business of providing a product expecting a return on their investment. I would ask, why would not the NMLRA do the same?

You had mentioned to SuperKirby that he should post his possible shoot on his state's outdoor site/s. Has the NMLRA done so?

No one is trying to bash the NMLRA. There are however questions that many people have, maybe even some with very reasonable suggestions.

I've been to Bob's matches twice and both times I had a lot of fun. Its an excellent facility and there's no question of that. But increasing membership and attendance will require change.

One way to do so was started a long time ago. It is called Charter Clubs and you only need 6 members to start one. I would love to see bunches of these little clubs formed to shoot Inlines , problem might be finding a Range . Information can be gotten by calling NMLRA office and contacting Lora Parks. This kind of gives you the right to hold maybe a Territorial match or state shoot. Which lets you compete Nationally and never have to go to Friendship. Phone 812-667-5131, Ext. 226. Here are the names of Field reps for Minnesota. Richard Repovsch 763- 233- 2105, James W. Townsend 763 - 434 -5650. Charter Clubs basicly do their own thing in their club. What rifles or what is allowed is your own thing. This is Material you need to do what you are thinking Kirby. I might add Richard Repovsch is the Territorial Co-ordinator. Best way I know of promoting what you want.

One way to do so was started a long time ago. It is called Charter Clubs and you only need 6 members to start one. I would love to see bunches of these little clubs formed to shoot Inlines , problem might be finding a Range . Information can be gotten by calling NMLRA office and contacting Lora Parks. This kind of gives you the right to hold maybe a Territorial match or state shoot. Which lets you compete Nationally and never have to go to Friendship. Phone 812-667-5131, Ext. 226. Here are the names of Field reps for Minnesota. Richard Repovsch 763- 233- 2105, James W. Townsend 763 - 434 -5650. Charter Clubs basicly do their own thing in their club. What rifles or what is allowed is your own thing. This is Material you need to do what you are thinking Kirby. I might add Richard Repovsch is the Territorial Co-ordinator. Best way I know of promoting what you want.

This is definitely helpful. I would not be opposed to looking into a charter club if I could find 6 people in the area. I know of a couple that might be interested but not sure after that. Perhaps I will contact one of them on my next day off. If you have an email address for either of them would it be possible to send me a PM with. It’s easier to email around my schedule.

Latest posts

Back