No more soda.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get out and get it while you can.talked to someone in the know today and the stores are not going to get hardly anything restocked this year.

I only drink jarritos because it's henco in Mexico.

I also do not support the multi-million dollar industry of professional sports. Their salaries should go to field workers.

I only drink jarritos because it's henco in Mexico.

I also do not support the multi-million dollar industry of professional sports. Their salaries should go to field workers.
Now I may not think the salary paid to professional athletes is anywhere within reason but I do believe they are earning what they negotiate and therefore it belongs to them.
Why should it go to field workers as you say?
There is the key issue with a particular political mindset that everyone should be equal in all respects and if some have more they should give to those that lack.
I disagree.
Yes folks need a helping hand occasionally and that is just fine but it should not be a lifestyle.
We are all not equal and that is what makes each of us unique.
Come to the USA legally and get a legal job then from day one set your goals higher and higher if you still need help that's fine but to come here illegally, collect welfare or have a half dozen kids that you cannot afford all the while keeping a hand out everyday playing a victim doesn't work for me.
Yes we need field workers but just like working at a drive thru burger place it is a stepping stone up.
Just my .02

Now I may not think the salary paid to professional athletes is anywhere within reason but I do believe they are earning what they negotiate and therefore it belongs to them.
Why should it go to field workers as you say?
There is the key issue with a particular political mindset that everyone should be equal in all respects and if some have more they should give to those that lack.
I disagree.
Yes folks need a helping hand occasionally and that is just fine but it should not be a lifestyle.
We are all not equal and that is what makes each of us unique.
Come to the USA legally and get a legal job then from day one set your goals higher and higher if you still need help that's fine but to come here illegally, collect welfare or have a half dozen kids that you cannot afford all the while keeping a hand out everyday playing a victim doesn't work for me.
Yes we need field workers but just like working at a drive thru burger place it is a stepping stone up.
Just my .02

Yeah that's kind of my point as in football players nowhere near produce anything worth what they get paid. Whereas your average California field worker feeds the nation. In my mind a much bigger service to humanity that deserves way more than what they got paid.

And I won't get into the bigotry of whether they're legal or whether you know they have too many kids or not as that could applied it to pretty much anyone.

Yeah that's kind of my point as in football players nowhere near produce anything worth what they get paid. Whereas your average California field worker feeds the nation. In my mind a much bigger service to humanity that deserves way more than what they got paid.

And I won't get into the bigotry of whether they're legal or whether you know they have too many kids or not as that could applied it to pretty much anyone.
Not a bit of bigotry at all my friend just stating an issue.
And it matters not if they are worth what they are paid as it was negotiated and that is what it is.
Way too many people make assistance programs a life style and not a helping hand is all I was pointing out.
And as you well know Flint is full of folks with way too many kids on just such a program.

Not a bit of bigotry at all my friend just stating an issue.
And it matters not if they are worth what they are paid as it was negotiated and that is what it is.
Way too many people make assistance programs a life style and not a helping hand is all I was pointing out.
And as you well know Flint is full of folks with way too many kids on just such a program.

I being an admitted bigot will say this that the folks in California who picked my vegetables for far more productive than the folks in Flint who seem to do nothing with their time.

And yes many of these people definitely use public assistance as a lifestyle. That is unless so many of these individuals work graveyard because I see them Monday through Friday all hours driving around. and like my neighbor they are up late at night back and forth in and out so I can only assume that they aren't responsible adults with jobs. Instead they act much like 17-year-old kids partying at a buddy's house until the break of dawn.

The whole concept of professional sports is a giant money machine. Entertainment at its best. I'm not really much of a fan but I do watch from time to time. Players work hard to get where they are and deserve the money they make. The average Joe will never be paid a fraction of what those guys make. It's just the way it is.
My own parents emigrated to the United States and they worked for everything, no hand outs from anyone.

It seem like every other article I see talks about how bad soft drinks are for your health and that diet ones are even worse than regular drinks. This has been going on for years. I've always drank too many, I was raised in a feed mill with an old chest type, open top coke machine and I'd grab one every time I passed it. I've always kept an ice box by barn and in my shop stocked, usually with Coke or Dr. Pepper. After I was in a bad wreck 5 years ago my knees would no longer let me ride a bike or run and I gained some weight, so I switched to diet Dr. Pepper to save a few calories. Now if anything printed in magazines or on the internet can be believed diet carbonated drinks are the spawn of the devil and are about the only thing in the entire Universe more evil than an AR15 rifle. So I tried something. 3+ years ago I went in for my annual physical and told the Doctor to run every blood test he could. He did and they all came back pretty good, nothing really out of whack except my blood pressure is a little high. I quit drinking everything except coffee in the mornings and water, nothing else. I did this for over a year. I went back to the Doctor and had him run all the same blood tests again. He did, nothing changed. NOTHING. I didn't feel any better, or worse. I hadn't gained or lost any weight. The only difference was I wanted to drink something besides water really bad, so I did. I'm back to drinking what most folks would consider too many diet soft drinks again and have been for about a year and a half. I don't feel any worse or better. I just got back from a follow up appointment with my Doctor who had pulled blood 2 weeks ago. Everything is still the same. I had him compare the blood work from 3 years ago, 1 1/2 ago and the new tests and they are all 3 almost identical. I asked my Doctor what he thought about this and what I should do and he said quit reading articles in magazines and on the internet and have a coke, or diet Dr. Pepper in my case.

If you drank a bunch of those sodas you would have a phosphorus spike in your blood work. One of the main ingredients in most colas is phosphoric acid. Its why it not allowed in the diet of many people on dialysis. This pertains mainly to colas and things like Dr Pepper. Rootbeer has none. Unlike natural sources of phosphorous such as legumes its absorbed at a much higher rate. Nearly 100%.

I see the results of this type of blood work monthly not just something ive read on the net. Its required for home dialysis patients and i do a great deal of research for one of them. Including food options they can have to replace the ones they cant.

Even golf is preaching their “It is OK to hate anyone who doesn’t think your way” with their “equity” messages. (Note; not equality. They canceled that) They canceled any courses played at Trump’s golf courses! Why? What has he done? I can’t even watch golf now. Bye. Don’t teach hate and maybe we’ll come back, monopolies.

I have a different point of view on pro sports. My family and I enjoy the NFL and MLB. Its something we do together on Sundays. My boy and I are big Vikings fans and my wife and the girls are Packers fans and it makes for a fun friendly family rivalry. I was pissed when Kapernik started kneeling and then a few others joined in. But I chose to look past that. There are many NFL players that do a ton of good for their communities. More so than ones that kneel. I choose to not judge the league as a whole over the actions of a few disrespectful clowns. Look at it this way. When there is a mass shooting the anti-gun crowd lumps all us gun owners in a group of deranged trigger-happy lunatics that shouldn't own guns over the acts of one or two people. Its no different when people judge all NFL players by the acts of a few.
It’s the LEAGUES and COKE and Yahoo and Facebook and Twitter; well, EVERYBODY that are now taking up preaching prejudice and hate because of the color of one’s skin! How can you “look past that”. That is solely what their lessons preach. Hatred.
No, if you are unwilling to stand up for freedom in your country you don‘t deserve to have a country. Or as Ronald Reagan said: ““Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Coke a day and I love watching the NBA. My last NFL game was Green Bay/Dallas
super bowl. 🏀

Back