Northern precision bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
Those of you that shoot smokeless ,and some of you that size bullets also for Black Horn and sub powders should give these two bullets a try, I'm always looking for something new to try in my smokeless rifles,, when I first got the bullets I was concerned about the ojive,, the actual bearing surface is very small at the bottom of the bullet and then the taper begins,, I size the bullets for a firm seat probably around 18 to 20 lb, little bit more contact than I do with some of my other size bullets. I've shot these bullets in a Wilson 20 twist,,a Brux 18 twist,, a Douglas and a preferred barrel twenty twist,,, the bullets are as accurate as any of the pitman or parkers that I have shot, I was very surprised seeing that the sidewall bearing surface was a very small, it's kind of making me look at that topic closer ,I guess I thought in my mind the more bearing surface on the sidewall the more accurate the bullet would be potentially probably not really realizing that it's bullet swelling into rifling that matters more. All of the rifles I have tested these bullet with have shot a hole, I shot a two and three quarter inch group at 400 yards. The bullets come unbonded but the builder will bond them for you too,, posted a picture of the pinpoint and the bullet beside it is the bonded version without the point, the bonded version without the point has shot just as accurate . Only suggestion,, please don't order any for about 6 months until he's made me a whole sack full of them,,,, I believe this bullet was made for 450 Bushmaster those of you that handload that gun should also give these a try,,, the builder says the jackets are between 15 and 20 thousands,, again those of you that are looking for pointed aerodynamic bullets for smokeless muzzle loading please wait a few months just put this in the back of your mind that these exist and wait till I get my stock of them. Group posted is at 400 yd hundred yard groups or just a hole..

Attachments

• IMG_20211219_112239218.jpg
    IMG_20211219_112239218.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20211229_150242162_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211229_150242162_HDR.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 82
In respect to the bullets they are .452,, 270 grain, if you glance through this gentleman's website he has a lot of other nice bullets again I would really recommend both of these bullets for you that load the bushmaster too,, I would imagine that they would perform well in a sabot in a 50 cal too.

Those pinpoints sharp profile are $35 per 50 count again that's unbonded if you want them bonded they're a dollar a piece the ones I shot target were unbonded again they show as much potential in my guns as any bullet I've shot so far which again, I'm amazed as far as the BC I don't think that man has any idea I don't think anyone is ever tried to estimated, I think a lot of muzzleloaders could use this man's bullets and maybe a lot of muzzleloaders could help this man too develop what he's doing he's a nice guy give him a call and talk to him order some of the bullets try them I think you're going to order more so far for me next to the 250 star tip desert island bullet this may be the most economical most accurate bullet I've shot out of a 45 Cal smokeless muzzleloader.. I do think his original intent though was for the 450 Bushmaster which I'm sure the bullet would shine there too those of you who load the bushmaster I think ought to give the bullet a try too ,as far as my smokeless guns I'm going to have to put these up on the shelf in groups of 100 .. I really like them a lot

Those pinpoints sharp profile are $35 per 50 count again that's unbonded if you want them bonded they're a dollar a piece the ones I shot target were unbonded again they show as much potential in my guns as any bullet I've shot so far which again, I'm amazed as far as the BC I don't think that man has any idea I don't think anyone is ever tried to estimated, I think a lot of muzzleloaders could use this man's bullets and maybe a lot of muzzleloaders could help this man too develop what he's doing he's a nice guy give him a call and talk to him order some of the bullets try them I think you're going to order more so far for me next to the 250 star tip desert island bullet this may be the most economical most accurate bullet I've shot out of a 45 Cal smokeless muzzleloader.. I do think his original intent though was for the 450 Bushmaster which I'm sure the bullet would shine there too those of you who load the bushmaster I think ought to give the bullet a try too ,as far as my smokeless guns I'm going to have to put these up on the shelf in groups of 100 .. I really like them a lot

The price is good that’s for sure! I’d like to see a .40 cal offering as well.

Those of you that shoot smokeless ,and some of you that size bullets also for Black Horn and sub powders should give these two bullets a try, I'm always looking for something new to try in my smokeless rifles,, when I first got the bullets I was concerned about the ojive,, the actual bearing surface is very small at the bottom of the bullet and then the taper begins,, I size the bullets for a firm seat probably around 18 to 20 lb, little bit more contact than I do with some of my other size bullets. I've shot these bullets in a Wilson 20 twist,,a Brux 18 twist,, a Douglas and a preferred barrel twenty twist,,, the bullets are as accurate as any of the pitman or parkers that I have shot, I was very surprised seeing that the sidewall bearing surface was a very small, it's kind of making me look at that topic closer ,I guess I thought in my mind the more bearing surface on the sidewall the more accurate the bullet would be potentially probably not really realizing that it's bullet swelling into rifling that matters more. All of the rifles I have tested these bullet with have shot a hole, I shot a two and three quarter inch group at 400 yards. The bullets come unbonded but the builder will bond them for you too,, posted a picture of the pinpoint and the bullet beside it is the bonded version without the point, the bonded version without the point has shot just as accurate . Only suggestion,, please don't order any for about 6 months until he's made me a whole sack full of them,,,, I believe this bullet was made for 450 Bushmaster those of you that handload that gun should also give these a try,,, the builder says the jackets are between 15 and 20 thousands,, again those of you that are looking for pointed aerodynamic bullets for smokeless muzzle loading please wait a few months just put this in the back of your mind that these exist and wait till I get my stock of them. Group posted is at 400 yd hundred yard groups or just a hole..

Are you using a wad with these? Have you tried them with Blackhorn powder?

I'm not using a wad they have thin jackets and swell very well, shot a 6 shot 3/8 group last night,, I've only shot them smokeless I really think though with wad and a hotter load of Black Horn you would be fine ,, my 20 twist barrels love this bullet and again for the price like I said I hope there's not a run on them. Before I get loaded up

Is that a patriot? 45 cal., If so what twist? Is that the imr4198? Or h4198, can this powder take the cold weather? Say to around 0 degrees centigrade. Thank you. Please bless us with the 400 yd. Group, as the 102 was excellent, kudos. ..

Was just on Woodsman patriot web sight and it specificaly states DO NOT USE SMOKELESS POWDER in their muzzleloaders.I thought they were rated for smokeless powder?Where is everyone getting their information about shooting smokeless powder in these muzzleloaders?Think I might stick to the cva scout converted from Hankins.

Was just on Woodsman patriot web sight and it specificaly states DO NOT USE SMOKELESS POWDER in their muzzleloaders.I thought they were rated for smokeless powder?Where is everyone getting their information about shooting smokeless powder in these muzzleloaders?Think I might stick to the cva scout converted from Hankins.
My understanding is the .45 cal only can handle smokeless, though they do not recommend it.

I had constant changing in the wind ,,about all I shot was minute of deer,, top shot got away from me ,, the wind would settle almost Dead calm and then blow dad calm and then blow try to get another group at 400 off tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_172102205_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220117_172102205_HDR.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
And I need to bump my charge on up till about 68 or 70 grains there's a really accurate node at 62,, at least in this gun I'm guessing velocity is probably around 2300 275 grain 62 gr of age 4198 . So far this 18 twist barrel likes 275s a lot better than 300 and 325 grains I sure didn't expect that, I think every once in a while you get a barrel that's a little bit stubborn. Anyway I'm going to start at 62 and work up in 3 or 5 increments I know 64 my group opened up a little bit till like 3/4 of an inch so I'm confident that there's a node above that

Sitting here now looking at my group I should have held just a little bit of wind,, I've got to re-flag the range too watch the wind a little better I tend to when I'm practicing muscle load and just sit down and get after it when you get out past 300 yards you can't do that, I'm kind of up in a tunnel in the woods when the bullet gets out about 150 yards it hits the broad open world and it messes with me. But it just helps me get better I like shooting in changing conditions and wind

Back