Northern precision bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had not shot the northern precision 400 grain bullet smokeless I've tried it in a sabot and a 26 twist barrel which it didn't do real great okay Tom tested this bullet and showed a decent expansion this is 57 grains of 4198 Imr in a 18 twist Brux heavy barrel heavy shank Target smokeless rifle,, this show some promise for big jacketed lead!
Nice shooting. That’s a good group, them 400gr bullets do have potential don’t they. That’s worth doin some more testing with diff loads or powders & at longer ranges too

I agree I'm going to have to shoot this more I think I could hit a deer in the hoof with this and kill him,, I might just keep one loose in my pocket and stick it out the window just to see what the visual does to him

Decided to post this on the same thread Northern precision sent me nine bullets this last week 380 grain lead tip, really pretty bullets I shot his 400 grain bullet smokeless a few weeks back they did surprisingly well in a 18 twist Brux,, I decided to shoot this bullet with 84 grains of Black Horn by weight originally put this rifle together to go to a match and since most of the match loads are 84 grains I decided to break down and actually shoot 84 grains and quit setting on my small little stash of Black Horn,, if you look at the group I'm going to post you'll see two bullets kind of high touching that was the first two foul bullets in a clean barrel the next bullet down to the left was the third shot and then you'll see the point of aim shift down just a little bit and the gun really started to get in a group that's five bullets below that the last three are almost in a hole pretty impressive for what I would consider more of a hunting bullet and not a sleek sharp pointed low drag long distance bullet, if I had an 18 twist new Patriot or any other 18 twists muzzleloader and I was looking for an elk bullet or something with a little bit more meat I would take a hard look at this bullet I don't think you'll find it posted on his website if you ask about the bullet that mountain monkey tested on modern muzzleloader you'll know which one you're talking about I'm going to have to get some more of these I see a lot of potential,, know when conditions around 98° temperature I am shooting a worldwide very light seating tension.

Attachments

• IMG_20220716_174054153.jpg
    IMG_20220716_174054153.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220716_174357935.jpg
    IMG_20220716_174357935.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0
Decided to post this on the same thread Northern precision sent me nine bullets this last week 380 grain lead tip, really pretty bullets I shot his 400 grain bullet smokeless a few weeks back they did surprisingly well in a 18 twist Brux,, I decided to shoot this bullet with 84 grains of Black Horn by weight originally put this rifle together to go to a match and since most of the match loads are 84 grains I decided to break down and actually shoot 84 grains and quit setting on my small little stash of Black Horn,, if you look at the group I'm going to post you'll see two bullets kind of high touching that was the first two foul bullets in a clean barrel the next bullet down to the left was the third shot and then you'll see the point of aim shift down just a little bit and the gun really started to get in a group that's five bullets below that the last three are almost in a hole pretty impressive for what I would consider more of a hunting bullet and not a sleek sharp pointed low drag long distance bullet, if I had an 18 twist new Patriot or any other 18 twists muzzleloader and I was looking for an elk bullet or something with a little bit more meat I would take a hard look at this bullet I don't think you'll find it posted on his website if you ask about the bullet that mountain monkey tested on modern muzzleloader you'll know which one you're talking about I'm going to have to get some more of these I see a lot of potential,, know when conditions around 98° temperature I am shooting a worldwide very light seating tension.
That’s a great write up & a nice group. To put the first 2 fouling shots connecting is really good to begin with. Maybe a good billet for them Knight 500 shooters, they have 1:18 barrels on them. Try some of them bullets with that charge at 3-4-500yds. It should still shoot well I’d think.

I hate to tell everyone this but there's not enough jacket material to build these bullets right now,, I found that out last night,, it let me down ,,hopefully in the next 6 to 8 months that will change. I'll remember and come back to this bullet when it's available

Next time you talk to him, ask him why he would design a great bullet and not add it to his web site. I'm a big believer in heavy bullets for elk.

I ordered some bullets from Fury last fall and he asked me if I was in a hurry. I told him no, and they showed up in late spring. I haven't tried them yet, because summer time is for other things. It is hitting 100 this week. After 32 years of applying, I finally drew another NM antelope tag for August, so I'll have to do some summer shooting.

I was very excited about the bullets I wish he had more jacket material,, all in time ,,I think the problem with Northern precision is he wasn't doing a lot of business with muzzleloaders,, muzzleloaders didn't realize his potential,, hopefully that can change in the future.. in the meantime I would shoot an elk with his bonded version the 270 in a heartbeat and he does make a 350 and a 400 grain 452 ,, the 400 grain shot smokeless very well it wasn't fun on the recoil end,, I should be shooting a different bullet a 400 grain with the sharp point on it in the next week or two something new I will let everybody know how it does I know there are some elk hunters that would be interested in bullets like this. I'm not so much looking for elk medicine I'm looking for jacketed bullets to shoot between 500 and 1,000 yd,, right now the 350 grain offerings from pitman and Arrowhead are great,, but it seems to me something in the 400 or 450 grain category would carry with 84 grains of black horn better down range,,, if I find the right bullet I'm looking for in this category I believe it certainly going to be a great game bullet too with all that weight behind it. It's hard to get bullets right now so that's another reason I appreciate Northern precision, he's been fast and economical compared to what's out there.

I was very excited about the bullets I wish he had more jacket material,, all in time ,,I think the problem with Northern precision is he wasn't doing a lot of business with muzzleloaders,, muzzleloaders didn't realize his potential,, hopefully that can change in the future.. in the meantime I would shoot an elk with his bonded version the 270 in a heartbeat and he does make a 350 and a 400 grain 452 ,, the 400 grain shot smokeless very well it wasn't fun on the recoil end,, I should be shooting a different bullet a 400 grain with the sharp point on it in the next week or two something new I will let everybody know how it does I know there are some elk hunters that would be interested in bullets like this. I'm not so much looking for elk medicine I'm looking for jacketed bullets to shoot between 500 and 1,000 yd,, right now the 350 grain offerings from pitman and Arrowhead are great,, but it seems to me something in the 400 or 450 grain category would carry with 84 grains of black horn better down range,,, if I find the right bullet I'm looking for in this category I believe it certainly going to be a great game bullet too with all that weight behind it. It's hard to get bullets right now so that's another reason I appreciate Northern precision, he's been fast and economical compared to what's out there.
Great post & subject matter. I’m lookin forward to more info & tests with those bullets too.

I hate to tell everyone this but there's not enough jacket material to build these bullets right now,, I found that out last night,, it let me down ,,hopefully in the next 6 to 8 months that will change. I'll remember and come back to this bullet when it's available

I hope he has enough to fulfill orders of the Pin Points that I ordered ! Maybe not the same jacket ?

I think he's got enough to do more pinpoints I think it's a different jacket but I'm not 100% sure. I got a few while he had the ability to make them months back if you end up needing 50 let me know. I really like this bullet!!!

Just got some prototypes this is a 400 grain bullet with a sharp point tip like the 270 pointed tip you see the lead tip on the end he is formed in a perfectly smooth shape with the pointed tip , pretty cool I can't wait to try these very nice flat base,, this bullet should carry very well downrange

Attachments

• IMG_20220721_153858036.jpg
    IMG_20220721_153858036.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
This is a picture of the prototype bullet Northern precision in the middle 400 grain, to the right of it is a 350 grain aeromax pitman to the left of it is a 325 fury,, I have a 18 twist Brux that loves the 350 pitman I think it's going to really like that 400 grain Northern precision if I were any of you looking for a heavier jacketed bullet to take elk hunting I would consider this bullet Northern precision can make these he has more jackets for this bullet won't be shooting them till Sunday I'll let everyone know the results

Back