Northern Precision

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LHR, When getting my 338 win. mag ready to hunt I use a folded towel between the shoulder and gun. Moves the scope out away from the eye a little bit. Dont allow the gun or scope to hit you. It will cause a flinch as time goes on.

View attachment 22021

So I’m getting close with the pin point bullets. I put 5 out of 6 in that big hole and of course I got excited when the first four went there and blew the 5th wide left. So I had to try again and with the pressure of ruining the group off I put #6 where it should be.

Only my third try at shooting my sized bullets and I think I’m getting the hang of this.
Nice shooting

I decided to move my scope forward 1/4” and today re-sighted the zero, which it only moved an inch left after moving the scope.
Anyway, I increased my charges in 1/2 gr increments up to 78.5gr by weight with no bloody nose!
Groups opened up a bit, so I think I just need to settle down and practice more. I did put 3 in the same hole at 78 gr.

I decided to move my scope forward 1/4” and today re-sighted the zero, which it only moved an inch left after moving the scope.
Anyway, I increased my charges in 1/2 gr increments up to 78.5gr by weight with no bloody nose!
Groups opened up a bit, so I think I just need to settle down and practice more. I did put 3 in the same hole at 78 gr.
Fantastic, thanks for the update. Keep us posted with your progress. I've busted my beak & gotten the nice crescent moon cut over the eye too. The only time I've busted my beak & eye is when I've rushes a shot & had the gun canted a little bit. I'm sure a nice 3.5-4" eye relief scope is appreciated with a light gun.

Latest posts

Back