Northwest legal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dme4800

Reaction score
Hey Gang, just starting out, live in Oregon so need to adhere to northwest regs.
Looking at CVA Accura V2, Traditions Vortek Striker fire. Enamored with the longer barrel models also but will have to convert to northwest specs and without scopes the longer barrels probably don’t mean much.
Comments??
Thanks in advance

Guys, thanks for the welcome, so excited to give the animals a better chance, master another esoteric discipline with infinite variables. How interesting!
BTW, been perusing all of the mfg sites and appears that only Wolf, Omega and Accura V2 config available in Northwest config...

Guys, thanks for the welcome, so excited to give the animals a better chance, master another esoteric discipline with infinite variables. How interesting!
BTW, been perusing all of the mfg sites and appears that only Wolf, Omega and Accura V2 config available in Northwest config...
All the Knights come in NW legal.

CVA Optima is NW available //cva.com/product/optima-v2-northwest-stainless-steel-with-camo-stocks-and-fiber-optic-sights/ . All Knights are NW available. Probably Traditions, too. They would all be crazy not to.

Accura MR is a great all around ML. NW available. Inexpensive. 150 yards capable if your good enough. I love the Accuras.

Ive never seen a Accura MR in a PacNW compliant model.

Personally when it comes to a PacNW rifles i would go with a plunger gun every time. Heck of a lot easier to clean the firing pin assembly and internals with a thorough inspection. Rifles like the Knight BigHorn only need 1 allen to come apart. Not including the breach plug but thoroughly cleaning the entire firing pin and trigger assembly is very easy to do. All parts would be in your hand and super easy to inspect. Thats not very easy inside the frame of a break action.

DISC Extreme in PacNW would be fairly easy also but the price would go up a great deal unless on sale.

I had a 36" Green Mountain barrel on my Hawken. With that much distance between the sights it is easier to focus on the sites and the target. I think I shot it much better than I would a shorter barrel. Downside is my one arm is longer than the other from carrying it all day long. Its heavy.

Ive never seen a Accura MR in a PacNW compliant model.

Personally when it comes to a PacNW rifles i would go with a plunger gun every time. Heck of a lot easier to clean the firing pin assembly and internals with a thorough inspection. Rifles like the Knight BigHorn only need 1 allen to come apart. Not including the breach plug but thoroughly cleaning the entire firing pin and trigger assembly is very easy to do. All parts would be in your hand and super easy to inspect. Thats not very easy inside the frame of a break action.

DISC Extreme in PacNW would be fairly easy also but the price would go up a great deal unless on sale.
I forgot, its not just the exposed BP, but the open sights too. They offer a couple with open sights, I thought the MRs had been d/t for them

Welcome,
Yes you can make the CVA MR NW compliant, Get with Muzzle-Loaders.com in La Grande, they can set it up for you, had them do one for me in December its been a great rifle so far.

From what i remember, not all MR barrels are drilled and tapped for irons. Plus the stock comb might be rather high for them. Using a rail base and clamp on peep sight will raise the rear. Adding a front sight will be the costly part if its not.

An Optima V2 will basically fill the same role for a lot less $$$.

Thanks for the response all, decisions, decisions.
I might be overly concerned with barrel length based on the velocity issue, trying to remind myself that I live in a rain forest and 150 yards is probably max anyway. Also looking at adding the Williams rear peep.
I can also relate to some of the models not being drilled for open sites.
I have looked at the knights, concerned about the shorter barrels. I might not know what I am talking about tho.

Not sure how long a barrel you want, but Knight has models with 26, and 27 inch tubes, which should be plenty. And they already come with iron sights.

Back