Not new to muzzleloading but new to the forum/ southwest missouri

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underhammer 1962

Reaction score
I've been muzzle loading from about the middle seventies. I did some local shoots and some competitions but never got to serious till about five years ago when my daughter got involved in 4-H muzzleloading. I still shoot the rendezvous locally and some a bit farther away. But as of late I have gotten very interested in the long range slug gun competitions. I have shot the centerfire long range competitions for a few years but it has gotten way to expensive. I build my own competition guns as I an a retired machinist and through the years I have managed to pick up machines here and there to the point where I have a pretty decant machine shop in my garage.
I do all the barrel contouring from barrel blanks, threading and chambering. Along with stock work consisting of glass bedding and free floating of barrels.
I really enjoy building muzzleloaders much more than center fire rifles though. I have designed my own underhammer rifle and that is what my daughter shoots in her 4-H competitions. I have used the same action for my rendezvous rifle with some obvious differences to be correct for the time line.
I am going to start my slug gun build in the next couple of weeks and hopefully have it done and all dialed in for the Oak Ridge Tenn. shoot in march.
Talk about jumping in the deep end right off the bat.
If there is anything that I can help with for anyone please don't hesitate to PM me.
Im by no means an expert but I will help when I can and tell you I don't know when I don't.
I refuse to try to bluff my way through.
Thanks for adding me to your forum.

Welcome from central Indiana.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back